Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition
    HDD: 2xWD Caviar RE2-GP 1TB 16MB (SATAII)
    Memory: 2xKingston 1GB, 1066MHz, DDR2, Non-ECC, CL7
    Motherboard: MSI K9A2GM-FIH
    Video Card: ATI HD3200 (onboard) + ATI HD3450 (via Crossfire)
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst™ v9.6 (6-15-2009)
    Sound Card AC3: Realtek® ALC888 (onboard)
    Sound Card Driver: Realtek High Definition Audio vR2.26 (06-05-2009)
    1. TV Card: Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV C-CI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.3.N beta (12-19-2008)
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD9 (for video) / ATI MPEG Video Decoder (for TV)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Spdiffer
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC v1.2.1043.0
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Ziggo
    HTPC Case: OrigenAE S10V Black
    Cooling: Scythe SCSK-1000 Shuriken
    Power Supply: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro,Retail, 450Watt
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 885
    TV: Panasonic TH-42PV70 Plasma
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI through Marantz SR6002 AV

I recently changed my TV Card. After this my groups weren't available in the TV Config, this solution fixed it. Still there were many little issues with the TV configuration. I could not get the full set of channels and settings weren't saved properly. With the SQL Management tool I deleted the MpTvDb database. TV config created a new one as soon as started and I was able to scan for the full set of channels. TV is working as it should again.

During the setup of radio, I found out there still is an issue. Whatever settings I change in the configuration for Radio, they are not saved. Some settings in the TV setup are not saved too, like which channels are in a group and which channels not.

Checking the logfiles, I read an error about the connection to the SQL database (see attached at timestamp 2009-06-25 11:09:21 at the end of the log). It seems the TV configuration utility does not connect well to the SQL database and therefore settings are not saved. I did not change username and/or password.

How can i fix this?

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah yes, the old "login failed for user sa" problem. I'm still waiting for an answer on that one!

Only way i cured it was to stop and restart TV Service every time the PC resumes from standby (using MPStandbyHandler).

sgt-suicide

Portal Member
    November 12, 2007
    stop and restart TV Service

thx man, will give it a shot after todays records are done...

didn`t like using it in the past, since it opened the door to other misbehaviors
    :confused: At least I`m not the only one with a slowly degenerating mp installation

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So this is (also) an unsolved bug with TV Server? Has it been reported before and has there been a response from one of the developers?

sgt-suicide

Portal Member
    November 12, 2007
    I don`t know about that.

Happened yesterday, so I was looking at the forum to see if anyone else was having problems.
    Saw two threads yesterday, this one and the one over here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/failed-initialize-tvserver-67119/

Both related to database trouble...with microsoft sql...

But: On mp-frontpage it says the upcoming release of mp will be using mysql 5.1 instead of msyql for better performance - so hopefully those problems will soon be gone...

I myself had trouble on vista, this is my 2nd installation off mp in 8 weeks, this time I thought I might give msql a shot...turns out it is even worse than before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom