Batch file commands to switch TV to be primary display (1 Viewer)

elg2001

Portal Member
October 1, 2005
Hi,
I've read around on these forums alot (including searching ALOT) and found that dual displays are not supported in MP. So, I thought of a way to get around it until the feature is added. I'd have a batch file called MP.bat that would do the following (in order):

Code:
1. Set display #2 as the primary display
2. Execute Media Portal
3. Set display #1 as the primary display

If this is executed in a batch file, display 2 will become primary, then MP will get launched. When MP is exited, display 1 will become primary, essentially reverting the system back to its default configuration.

The reason I'm posting this here is I need to know how to execute steps 1 and 3 in a Windows batch file (i.e. MP.bat). Does anyone know how?

elg2001

Portal Member
October 1, 2005
wow thanks! ill give that a shot.

however, is it possible to do it directly perhaps via the driver dll with some flags added? like

Code:
rundll32 %SystemRoot%\System32\nv4_disp.dll /P /D1

or something like that? that would be ideal because then i could use it without it depending upon any 3rd party program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I just recently had an epiphany around QueryDisplayConfig w.r.t. how Windows deals with displays. The MS documentation uses the word 'display' to refer to both GDI-devices and the monitors themselves. There is also a zoo of different Id formats that refer to these things (adapters, displays, monitors, etc), and often no apparent way...
I just recently had an epiphany around QueryDisplayConfig w.r.t. how Windows deals with displays. The MS documentation uses the...
Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
Replies
Views
This problem still exists with MP 1.29.
This problem still exists with MP 1.29.
When installing MP1, the TV DB configuration dialog specifies SQL Server 2005 (see attached file "Setup database connection -...
Replies
Views
Update. I've installed Ver 2.3.2 and it's definately improved the situation. The only error I'm seeing is an occasional "OptimFrog" error on first starting up.
Update. I've installed Ver 2.3.2 and it's definately improved the situation. The only error I'm seeing is an occasional...
Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
Replies
Views
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom