Batchfile to register DLLs when 'installing' the CVS builds (1 Viewer)

Frewald

June 11, 2005
THIS INFO IS ONLY FOR CVS-BUILDS - NOT FOR NORMAL INSTALLS !!!

I have learned that a few DLLs needs to be re-registered when 'installing' the newest CVS builds.
For that i have made an batch-file that I would like to share :)

This batchfile should be run after unraring the CVS files into the MP home dir (remember to make a manual backup of the MP directory before doing this)

You can get the latest CVS from here:
http://www.myshare.de/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=37

Hope this helps

Best regards,
Frewald

Here is the text from the batchfile (copy'N'paste into notepad and save):

@echo off
REM * Run this batchfile after the CVS rar-archive have been extracted into \Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\

regsvr32 /s "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\DirectShowHelper.dll"

regsvr32 /u /s "\windows\system32\MpegAudio.dll"
regsvr32 /u /s "\windows\system32\MpegVideo.dll"
regsvr32 /u /s "\windows\system32\MpaDecFilter.ax"
regsvr32 /u /s "\windows\system32\Mpeg2DecFilter.ax"

copy "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MpegAudio.dll" \windows\system32\
copy "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MpegVideo.dll" \windows\system32\
copy "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MpaDecFilter.ax" \windows\system32\
copy "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Mpeg2DecFilter.ax" \windows\system32\

regsvr32 /s "\windows\system32\MpegAudio.dll"
regsvr32 /s "\windows\system32\MpegVideo.dll"
regsvr32 /s "\windows\system32\MpaDecFilter.ax"
regsvr32 /s "\windows\system32\Mpeg2DecFilter.ax"

Frewald

June 11, 2005
Btw: this file also works when rolling back to stable.

Btw: this file also works when rolling back to stable; If you restore your backup (that you made before installing the CVS files) you can run this to make sure that ´the DLLs gets reregistered

poppy10

Portal Member
May 5, 2005
Re: Batchfile to register DLLs when 'installing' the CVS bui

Frewald said:

copy "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MpegAudio.dll" \windows\system32\
copy "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MpegVideo.dll" \windows\system32\
copy "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MpaDecFilter.ax" \windows\system32\
copy "\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Mpeg2DecFilter.ax" \windows\system32\

I don't have those files in anywhere within my mediaportal directory :x

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Batchfile to register DLLs when 'installing' the CVS bui

poppy10 said:
    I don't have those files in anywhere within my mediaportal directory :x

Thats normal, they are not in MP-folder cause the release-setup copied them directly to your windows/system32. These ones arent updated for months so they are not included in my cvs-snapshots (and theres no need to reregister). But if they change in the future you will be on the safe side with this batch^^

Ive added a start.bat some time ago to the snapshots but looks like that I forgot to update the filedate so its missing atm. I readd the file so it will be availible within the next update. Thanks Frewald.

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Thanks for this NON tip! :cry: Till I have applied this, it is impossible to watch any DVD, movie or recorded TV in full screen on my MP (black screen)!

Please help me to restore this... please!!!

Zby-)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Are there any other files (.dlls) that need to be re-registered?

I thought I read somewhere that dlls like "DirectShowHelper.dll" need to be re-registered - or was I dreaming?

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Taipan said:
    Are there any other files (.dlls) that need to be re-registered?

I thought I read somewhere that dlls like "DirectShowHelper.dll" need to be re-registered - or was I dreaming?

let me think...yeah there was something...maybe here in the first post (4. batch line)? ,-) Keep your eyes open ^^ Atm its the only .dll thats needs an update.

Zby: should work well, normaly it cant harm your system if you follow the guide. What does the MP-log says? Remove the "/s" parameter so you see if re-register was successfull.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ooops.. :oops: ..I should read a little more carefully in future! At least I wasn't dreaming... :)

Thanks for pointing that out [=high=].

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    [=high=],

First of all all my apologies for my nervous reaction, but I was so desapointed losing my MP! :cry:

So, full reinstall of MP, and after looking, trying everything possible, I observed the problem only occured when installing a CVS version posterior to 10th of June, and for those versions, the problem only occurs when staring directly in fullscreen (from config). When starting windowed and transformed to fullscreen via Alt-Enter, everything was OK.

Then I compared logs, and seen that when starting directly to fullscreen, my resolution was detected to be 1292x1036 instead of 1280x1024. I tryied using calibration and ... bang that was it! Incredible, I never had that before, after 11 CVS versions! Radeon driver problem??? Any info? I am runnign catalyst v 4.9

So, now I am happy again, Zby-) :D

Bytheway, does any body know the exact procedure to receive the CVS release notes? It would make me even more happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom