BBC iPlayer - Unable tp play stream.flv (1 Viewer)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    According to the xbmc forum the fix is still in the code stage, not been submitted to svn

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    According to the xbmc forum the fix is still in the code stage, not been submitted to svn

Okay, well fingers crossed that a fix can be found.

From a MediaPortal point of view, I hope that this fix does not allow users outside of the UK to access this content, since this would reasonably open us up to legal challenge. We do have to respect copyright. However, I can see no problem with using an interface other than that provided by the BBC to make this content more readily accessible to those who have a legal right to access it.

Mark

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    exobuzz on xbmc forum said:
    ...you can use iplayer with my build. I also did a build for linux that includes the librtmp patches. I've not compiled any of my changes for windows. the RTMP stuff will go into trunk for the next release probably, with the librtmp stuff compiled into ffmpeg.

snip

IPlayer is not working on xbmc for windows. You need an xbmc build with the new libRTMP functionality along with a modified IPlayer plugin (not the one from the svn repository). This is only possible right now if you have linux, xbox, or are able to compiling from the source, including the needed patches. The functionality will be included in all versions of xbmc when the main developers get around to it (I believe soon)

See [RELEASE] iPlayer (BBC Video/Music) Plugin - UK only! - Page 70 - XBMC Community Forum

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I got it partially working again. (Not the HD streams though). AutoUpdate should pick it up. Report back if it works now.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi offbyone,

Doesn't seem to work still. Logs attached. Tried a few streams, it seems it went to load it but i got a small back square in the corner of the screen and the spinning loading circle. That was all.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please don't test with skins that are still unsupported. Maya doesn't have latest changes needed for OnlineVideos 0.21+

The black circle will only be there on very first playback of anything in MediaPortal (haven't figured out what to init yet.) If you play something before in MePo videos for example, that will be gone.

Also from the logs, it looks like Playing worked. Please test with Blue3Wide.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Please don't test with skins that are still unsupported. Maya doesn't have latest changes needed for OnlineVideos 0.21+

The black circle will only be there on very first playback of anything in MediaPortal (haven't figured out what to init yet.) If you play something before in MePo videos for example, that will be gone.

Also from the logs, it looks like Playing worked. Please test with Blue3Wide.

Your right it does work, i just wasn't giving it enough time to buffer. Needs a least 2% by the looks of it, will let you know how I get on.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I'm puzzled... I've found that some HD streams/programs worked with 0.22 (before any update today) - but not all streams.

I have just done a full update (didn't report any new program download though?) and tried to play some programs again - it reports "missing URL" on some of the programs?

I have attached my log file.

Thanks,

J. :D

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Somehow I think your dll that holds the BBC util is not the latest. Maybe try the autoupdate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom