1.30.0 BBC One HD disappeared! (2 Viewers)

Animator

Portal Member
October 31, 2015
Kent
Home Country
England England
Hi, The BBC have recently made changes to their DVB-T2 broadcasts and now I can no longer find BBC one HD , I have scanned three times now and I keep getting " Channel not found " error, all other channels are OK . Is there a way to tune this channel manually? The broadcast comes from the Bluebell hill mast in Kent UK. I have read that they have rolled out a new regional service in HD called BBC One SE HD, but my tuner can't find it!

Last edited:

Animator

Portal Member
October 31, 2015
Kent
Home Country
England England
Thanks for your fast response, I'm using MP1 and the other HD channels are all working fine.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the other HD channels are all working fine.
    All of the HD channels are broadcast in a single MUX. So if you can receive the other HD channels, you can receive "BBC1 HD", and it should be somewhere in the channel list., but not necessarily where you are expecting it.

On the "TV Channels" panel in "TV Server Config":
    • Expand the panel by dragging the right edge further to the right. This will allow you to see the channel numbers.
    • Click the column heading for the channel numbers. This will sort the channels into ascending order.
    • Scroll to channel number 101. There should be two entries: one for the old "BBC1 HD" that no longer works, and a new one for "BBC1 HD South" (or somesuch name).
    • Click one of the channels and then click the "Preview" button to see if it works. If it does not, delete the channel.
    • Repeat for the other channel. One of them should work.
    • If you want, click the "Edit" button and change the display name for the channel to be whatever you want.
    • This change to "BBC1 HD" is one of those changes where TV Server cannot associate the new channel with the old, so TV Server cannot preserve your recording schedule for that channel. Thus you will need to recreate your recording schedule for "BBC1 HD".
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

Animator

Portal Member
    October 31, 2015
    Kent
    Home Country
    England England
    OK I looked in the TV channels list and there is only one entry for BBC One HD (channel 101), clicked on preview and got an error message "preview failed: no PMT found " I think I may have found the reason - I read on another forum that the Bluebell hill mast will not be upgraded until the 27th June!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom