beating a dead horse? unusable UI speeds - any chance? (1 Viewer)

shoelessone

February 20, 2006
I'll follow along with the report thing:

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.40GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: -
TV Card Model: -
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Mobility Radeon 7500c (32 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1400x1050
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: SigmaTel C-Major Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

Unusable UI speeds - i realize it might be because of my graphics card, however i had mediaportal running perfectly fine on a 700 mhz pentium 3 with a geforce2 MX... all specs in my current laptop are far ahead of that.

hopeing somebody might have some idea of a fix/solution/cause/etc.

anybody with a similar setup (i have a Dell Insipron 5100) have better luck with different drivers (omega perhaps?)

(again, video seems to play perfectly, same with audio... its just the UI is unusably slow)

Thanks!

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    It's most certainly your GFx card, but to try and cope with it, can you try and lower your resolution? Just a big guess, but that's pretty high for an old card and a DX9 app.

Good luck ;-)

shoelessone

February 20, 2006
    Marcusb said:
    It's most certainly your GFx card, but to try and cope with it, can you try and lower your resolution? Just a big guess, but that's pretty high for an old card and a DX9 app.

Good luck ;-)

thanks for the advice, however i was looking around on the forums and i saw another guy with a radeon 7500 mobility who had no problems - maybe its a driver issue, i'm gonna check it out later (btw, i tried 800x600 and still no go ). hopefully the omega drivers might do me some good :) (then Maya doesnt run though :( )

Ok, thanks again, any more info is much appreciated!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi,

my Laptop actually also has a Mobility 7500. It used to work fine, prior to the switch to .NET 2.0 (not sure if thats the reason, or just a conincidence), smooth UI and all. But all versions since then are basically unusable on my laptop, while my HTPC seems to actually be smoother (DX9 card).

I suggest you go back to an older version and see if that helps. If not, well then sorry :-(

Inker

shoelessone

February 20, 2006
    Inker said:
    Hi,

my Laptop actually also has a Mobility 7500. It used to work fine, prior to the switch to .NET 2.0 (not sure if thats the reason, or just a conincidence), smooth UI and all. But all versions since then are basically unusable on my laptop, while my HTPC seems to actually be smoother (DX9 card).

I suggest you go back to an older version and see if that helps. If not, well then sorry :-(

Inker

hmm... i'll have to look around and find an older downloadable version of .net... i dont think i use it for any other applications at this point.

thanks!

p.s. if anybody happens to know a link off the top of their head let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom