Best Digital TV Card Australia (1 Viewer)

Sleighty

Portal Member
November 25, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Hi All
I'm revamping my Media centre as I have just bought a new 50inch Plasma and I want a better quality everything. I have most things sorted but do need advice on a Digital TV card, I want to best doesn’t have to be the most expensive. I already have a Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-150MCE card so analogue is covered and so is FM.
Any ideas would be great and reasons why for good or bad about the card.

Thanks Sleighty

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    See my signature below - HTPC-1 - DigitalNow TwinDVB-T Tuner.
    I'm not sure it's the best, but I think it's damn good.
    I paid $200 for this Dual Tuner Card. Is a USB card, need two USB2 connections, or one full USB2 header on your motherboard.

Downzy

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Have a look at this link

http://www.newmagic.com.au/NM_pages/products/hauppauge/OEM/nova-T_500_MCE/nova-T_500_MCE.html

Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Dual TV Tuner - looks pretty good. It's PCI, although the tuners actually show up as USB apparently (I have not actually used it myself.

For anyone who has a crappy DVB-t card that they would like to upgrade, check out this link where they are offering a trade-in

[/url] http://www.newmagic.com.au/NM_Pages/promo/0605_mceupgrade/FS_mceupgrade.html Cheers, David

jerzy

May 31, 2006
    I just got Hauppauge Nova-DT 500 MCE Dual TV Tuner and i'm very happy with PQ and tuner sensitivity.It pick up all channels on rabit ears with 100% picture quality. All my set top boxes needs proper antena to do that. Anly problem is, i cant get it to work with MP at the moment :(

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Any card that says it has BDA drivers or is MCE compatible should work with MP no troubles, but just check the supported cards list to make sure...

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Sleighty said:
    Thanks guys, is there anyone who has a card that works with MP? :D

Aha, I just realised that you misread my post. The Digital side works, but Software analogue cards need some further work before they will work with MP. So, for the Compro - DTV, works well, ATV -not yet.

I have also read on ehre that the UK version of the Compro may have some issues with MP, but in Australia it works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom