Best Dual Digital HD tuner for Media Portal ?? (1 Viewer)

Paul Phillips

Portal Member
June 18, 2006
Just want to start doing some recording with MP. At the moment iam using a Dvico HDTV PLUS DVB-t card and works Fantastic with MP no oribs at all with the new SVN updates.

The card iam looking at is Dvico Fusion HDTV Dual Digital TV Card. Now this is the only card i have local but could go another make if you force me to. I am iN Australia.

How easy is it to record on one card an diplay on another is this supported in MP or do i have to set it up somehow ???

Thanks for any info.

/PS would be nic ei i left my singal card in and allo wme to record 3 programs at once. Not sur emy Barton @ 1.8 ghz could handle that :(

Thanks.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Hauppauge also now have a Nova-T 500 out now which is a dual DVB-T card.

Recording 3 SDTV programs at the sametime would be no problem (Ive got a 2600+ Sempron) but recording HDTV Im not sure about. Watching HDTV and recording, I dont think would be possible on that speed machine.

Paul Phillips

Portal Member
    June 18, 2006
    Well going to upgrade to a 7600 GT and a X2 3800 if needed. All that just for a HTPC :)

Still have not bought my games machine yet. Would be using my current system to play the games on as i want the HTPC clean and mean :p

Thanks.

strider

Portal Member
    June 21, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm using the Fusion Dual card you're after.

Ensure you get the latest drivers from the DVICO site and you'll be fine.

Also only install the card (physically) after you have loaded the software.

It works well.. .you can record on one, whilst watching another HDTV channel. I found it looses signal if you attempt to watch the same channel as you are recording.... :cry:

All in all ... it works well...

Dual cards like this one are supported outta the box. :D
    Ensure you are running 0.2 RC4 or one of the SVN nightly builds....

Paul Phillips

Portal Member
    June 18, 2006
    THanks man.

Tell the Smart guys about the record and watching the same channel problem. They will fix it in a SVN update tomorrow :)

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom