Ongoing Best Home Theater Case? (1 Viewer)

pezzer

Portal Member
December 27, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yeah LCD screens seem to be really expensive, I think i'll leave them out for now.
That Lian Li case will not fit in my cabinet, but i've been checking the measurements on a a few cases now and they are all pretty big.
Like mentioned above they can be failry deep too, I'm hoping to get one about 400mm deep.
I like the look of this one (OrigenAE S14V) but its really expensive. Apparently they are really good quality?
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1112.html

That Silverstone CW02 case looks failry big too. However the SilverStone Grandia GD02 and GD02MT seem a little smaller. Any of you had experiences with these?

Can anyone suggest a good case that will fit 2/3 pci cards (graphics, TV tuner) and 2 hardrives?

Cheers

Ramshackles

Portal Pro
December 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I absolutely love the OrigenAE S series, but they're horribly priced.

When I was researching for my HTPC build, the absolutely hardest part for me was choosing a case I reckon it is in most cases.

I was very close to buying a case from http://www.mcubed-tech.com (http://www.hifiatx.com), the mini case, they're passively cooled (one giant heatsink). But they're extremely pricy.

I ended up buying a new flatscreen tv and a silverstone sugo (sg2) case :) just couldn't wait for the origenae to be released and the sugo has room for a gfx card and tvtuner. I know it's not a perfect match with the rest of my av equipment but i've come to terms with that :)

Edit: I was aiming for the S10V though, but a HFX Mini is still in my dreams.. Especially since they started offering cases for storage aswell. But just can't justify spending that much money on the case alone.

fphredd

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Does anyone know of a US distributor of the m-cubed cases? Otherwise, leaning toward the GD02-MT but would like to see a review or two first.

Thanks.

pezzer

Portal Member
December 27, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The Mcubed cases on there own don't appear to be that expensive 180 EUR, but its the parts that seem really expensive.
I think i'll kepp an eye out for the OrigenAE S10 or S14. You have to buy half size pci cards for the S10 though, and i'm not sure how widely available they are.

Fphredd,
I'm not sure where you can buy in US, although you can buy directly from the website so maybe they deliver over there?

Cheers

Ramshackles

Portal Pro
December 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
pezzer, you're absolutely right the case itself is not that pricy. It's all the extras you need to make it passive that's pricy as hell, I ended up having worth 800 EUR worth of case-stuff in my shopping cart. I could fill 2 htpcs with hardware for all my needs for that price, it's just too steep..

Don't know of any mcubed/hfx dealers abroad. I'd also stick to the S14/S10 next time, or another sugo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom