Best HTPC cases?! (Tenor) (1 Viewer)

E

Edelct

TVKiwi said:
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. I have gone through several cases which I tried to make do with but I was never 100% happy.

In the end i did lots of research and saved my pennies. I have bought this case from Uneed. It is expensive but what more could you want from a case! Unfortunately it is on back order with 3 week wait.

Indeed! I liked the touch screen, but where I was going to have my HTPC I did not have that much space avaliable, and ended up with the ultimate favorite slim one, which actually is -not- low profile. :)

here is the a link to my case:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13596&vpn=SST-LC11B&manufacture=Silverstone Technology

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Edelct said:
TVKiwi said:
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. I have gone through several cases which I tried to make do with but I was never 100% happy.

In the end i did lots of research and saved my pennies. I have bought this case from Uneed. It is expensive but what more could you want from a case! Unfortunately it is on back order with 3 week wait.

Indeed! I liked the touch screen, but where I was going to have my HTPC I did not have that much space avaliable, and ended up with the ultimate favorite slim one, which actually is -not- low profile. :)

here is the a link to my case:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13596&vpn=SST-LC11B&manufacture=Silverstone Technology

The LC11 is indeed a very nice case. I personally prefer the LC11SM+ e.g. the silver version with VFD screen as standard. Built a few machines around this case & was very impressed overall. My two issues with it were the the lack of airflow & limited upgrade options.

warped6

Portal Member
fathead said:
Just to reitterate, the flap is not for optical drive use. Its designed to hide the VFD kit which can be bought as an extra.

THAT'S what goes there. I thought I was going to have to go find a short DVD drive. Good thing I didn't spend much time doing that. So yeah where do you get the VFD kit they speak of?

I get some noise from it but I think it's the PSU or CPU rather than the case fans.

Most people who see it go "That's a computer?!?" and are quite impressed. :D

madmonkeyman

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
Aberdeen, Scotland
Did a huge amount of research on the case I bought - SilverStone LC11m. Needed to make sure the money was well spent and I have to say the LC11m has surpassed my expectations. Very quiet system fans and is barely audible even with the standard AMD fan.

Fair enought that the case is a bit expensive but you are getting a good quality remote and VFD. The remote is very customisable which is a bonus and all tasks can be carried out through it.

Personally, upgrade wise, it depends what you want the machine to do. Two PCI slots and a PCIe graphics slot are enough for me. One PCI used for the TV card, one spare for something I can't think of right now and one for a high end PCIe graphics card (future purchase!). Not sure, but I think this is one of the only cases of this height that you can get a PCIe riser card for as well.

Anyway that's enough waffling from me. Buy the case, its great.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    fathead said:
    I'm quiet desperate to get hold of the VFD kit from somewhere, but haven't found a supplier yet. :(

EnlargedViewVFD.gif

That VFD is the iMON vfd...

Start looking for a supplyer :wink:

gds

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Italy
    I'm in Italy and I bought some iMon kits for my company from Vendur in Norvay (www.vendur.no). Got them fast without any problem. I've been very pleased with their service.
    Hope it helps...
    Bye
    GDS

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    Mad monkey where did you buy the case, and where did you get the PCI-E riser?

madmonkeyman

Portal Member
    June 10, 2005
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Hi Fathead!

Bought the case from www.scan.co.uk. Didn't buy the PCI-e riser as didn't have enough pennies to buy a nice card :-(

Have checked scan.co.uk and they don't sell the riser card. Will check out some other sites and see if I can find one for you.

Monkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom