Best NAS solution? (1 Viewer)

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
ok yes now I understand - thanks

BTW, the most important reason I wouldn't go to unRAID today is Tom.
...and no I am not willing to elaborate or even defend this position.
It is my own opinion, take it or leave it.

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
I, like NLS, was not too happy with Tom for a bit of a while last spring into summer. Right now though, everything is perfectly fine and I could careless if Tom released anymore updates (although I hope he does because the newer Linux kernels are supposed to really have a nice effect on speeds). He does get flakey from time to time (right now he is focused on completing his server orders but at least he explained his whereabouts this time), but his product is truly shining right now.

I have had almost no down time over the past 2 years and now speeds are very very nice with the hope of getting even better with the newer kernels I mentioned. Unlike NLS, I haven't had streaming issues directly related to UnRaid. As long as you select hardware that has been tested and known to work you should be fine. Yes a gigabit ethernet is highly recommended (most onboard NIC's come with gigabit standard now, just get some cat5e+ cables along with a cheap gigabit switch and you should be golden).

I stream both standard and high definition content and have been pretty much issue free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom