Best practice. MP + Harmony 1100 (1 Viewer)

HansL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2011
    Bagarmossen
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi all

I am a MP fan for ages, and now I want everything up and running.
    I have a Harmony 1100 remote, some IR receivers and a Microsoft remote.

Tried some different set-ups, and read the most posts in the forum. Realize that just get more and more confused...

If any of you have a best practice setup, and want to share, please do!
    I want to:
    1. Handle my MP via the Harmony.
    2. Have as good functionally as possible (to start up the computer would be great, but optionally)
    3. Have some help with mapping tables (if needed).
    4. Get some understanding...

Thanks in advance!
    / Hans, Sweden

ps. And THANKS all developers at MP, and all at the forum.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a harmony 900 with the RF system and this is my setup and some pointers.

If you can sleep/wake you PC with your current mce remote you will be able to do that with your harmony - so get that sorted first. This may have to do with sleep/suspend settings and stuff in bios and blah blah blah... get that fixed first and then do the harmony stuff.

In harmony configuration...
    Add you TV AMP and other stuff. Add this to control sleep/wake and MePo: Manufacturer: Microsoft Model: MCE-1039
    Map the buttons the way you like, I've made some additional soft buttons. MePo-ON and MePo-OFF, start and stop MePo. PC-P PC-ZZ, wake and seep PC. TV-ON TV-OFF, you get it... cuz sometimes (like once a month) it misses out on starting one of the devices when it should power on...

In MePo configuration, under remotes tick "Use MCE remote or keybard". Under additional third party checks tick Use MpTray.

That's it, you are done :)

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not 100% if it works with the 1100, but with my 900 and mce receiver it does.

Add the mce device "microsoft mce special edition/SE" in the harmony software as the device which you control MP. This will add a few extra buttons for you to configure.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not 100% if it works with the 1100, but with my 900 and mce receiver it does.

Add the mce device "microsoft mce special edition/SE" in the harmony software as the device which you control MP. This will add a few extra buttons for you to configure.

Ehh cool, like what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom