Best remote for Media Portal (1 Viewer)

Nuke420

Portal Member
February 6, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am in need of a new remote for a new MP PC I'm putting together. I have an ATI remote that works well with it, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good compatible remote for windows XP and media portal? Thanks.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i also use the MS MCE remote, i've had it working in XP and Vista and 7, once you selected it in MP, it does everyything didnt need to use any 3rd party software to configure it

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Country flag
    Also worth mentioning: The "Power TV" and "Vol+", "Vol-" is programmable, meaning you can learn them IR codes form other remotes. (Sadly this is not the case with mute :mad:).

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    Where can I buy MS MCE remote, i have lokked everywhere here in sweden, but it seems like its not sold anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    Hey, thanks for your quick reply! That helps us a lot! Oh good, that means the two different clients can then also share a tuner. I have not even thought about tuner sharing with two different clients and that this could be a problem, perfect! Thanks!
    Hey, thanks for your quick reply! That helps us a lot! Oh good, that means the two different clients can then also share a tuner...
    Hello, can I use Kodi and the Media Portal 2 Client at the same time if I install the TVServerKodi plugin on the Media Portal 2...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
    I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
    Hello I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old...
    Replies
    Views
    What is the problem with using an IR remote control? IR is the best supported for MP. There used to be available a few RF remote controls for WMC, such as this one and this one by Emprex (they look identical). But as you can see, they are no longer available new from Amazon. You may be able to obtain pre-loved samples from Ebay, but...
    What is the problem with using an IR remote control? IR is the best supported for MP. There used to be available a few RF remote...
    My problem: ever since I've been using mediaportal I've been using CEC remote. It wasn't a popular solution so it didn't get too...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom