Best Romote Software on iPhone for MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Massenmedium

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!

I would like to use my iPhone as a remote for MediaPortal, similar like you can use it to control iTunes with the remote software from Apple.
    There seem to be man different softwares that might do the trick, like iPiMP or Intelliremote but before I try them all I wonder if someone here could give me some further information about them.
    Important for me is that I can do almost all important commands with it, what means for example when I watch a video I can not start and stop the video, I also can do things like switching the language track or turn subtitles on and off.

Can I do this with for example iPiMP or if not, did anyone find here a software that can do it?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You can't do things like that with iPiMP natively, but you could use the remote pages like an MCE remote so use the 'i' button then navigate the menus. It does highlight a nice feature request though, a MyVideos remote page where you can do movie type actions from one page. I'll have a think about that! Thanks and sorry for not answering your question! :)

Massenmedium

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the reply, if I could give you a nice suggestion here this is ok for now and I just wait what iPiMP maybe can do in the future ;)
    I think having specific Remotepages for music, videos and pictures would be a great feature, so that when you watch a movie you can do all important actions (including subtitles, language tracks...) and when you listen to music you have buttons for example to start/stop visualization.

This would be at least what I am looking for right now, after starting MediaPortal I just want to sit down on my sofa and everything I need to do is take out my iPhone :cool:

Thanks again and greetings :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom