Best version of mp so far (1 Viewer)

gruntfuttock

Portal Member
September 1, 2006
Thank you to all those involved in the development of MP2 for a release that has been relatively painless to install and has so far proved pretty stable.

I've returned to the MP fold after many years using WMP on a PC running Windows 7. A replacement PC with Windows 10 forced me to look elsewhere after the installation of WMP failed. Plex is OK for live TV, but of course this isn't free and it doesn't let you set up a client account to record TV. This exposes the admin account to all users on the same PC, if you want them to be able to record. This was my main reason for giving up with Plex.

So I decided to give MP another chance. I had to install it again to get it to recognise the recordings folders correctly. I also find it odd that playback doesn't work in full screen without pressing the keyboard Windows key. Or at least, it's odd that it doesn't work in the main admin account, while playback on a client account works fine.

These niggles aside, it's been working fine so far and has been a lot more stable than the earlier version I tried on Windows 7. So well done to all concerned.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you to all those involved in the development of MP2 for a release
    Thank you :). Most often people write grumbling postings, so I am glad that here and there we are getting some recognition.

I had to install it again to get it to recognise the recordings folders correctly.
    The TV recording folder is set in the TV Configuration. This is not happening automatically but requires to be set up manually unless you are storing your recordings in the default paths that the TV Server plugin is assuming.

I also find it odd that playback doesn't work in full screen without pressing the keyboard Windows key.
    I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain a bit more?

Or at least, it's odd that it doesn't work in the main admin account, while playback on a client account works fine.
    Now you are losing me. What do you mean by "Admin" vs "Client" account? Starting MP2 on the same PC from account A and then from account B is not the same, depending on an activated user management in the settings. In previous MP2 versions this would lead to account A and B being treated as separate users with individual settings.There may also be a privilege problem with your "client" account not being allowed to write to the ProgramData path.

gruntfuttock

Portal Member
    September 1, 2006
    What I meant was that when you start live TV in MP, the sound plays but there is no video, only a black screen. The only way to see the video is by pressing the Windows key on the keyboard.

I have two user accounts set up in Windows, one being the admin account. When I run MP in the admin account, the black screen happens. But when I log in to the other user account and run MP from there, the video runs fine.

It's really not a major problem but it would be nice to know why it happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom