Best way to get a client to a TV? (1 Viewer)

encorez

January 2, 2018
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

I have had MP for 6+ years, and happy about it. I'm only running it on one HTPC right now.

But if I want to get the MP experience on a TV in my kids room in an easy way, what is the best way to do that?
I would prefer not to have a computer running in the rooom just for that purpose.

I also have a Plex server running on my HTPC, so I could get a Nexus Player or simular for the kids TV. That would give them easy access to all my media content with a remote control, except for access to the TV guide, and watching live TV.

Can you help with some suggestions how to get the best experience to an extra TV, in a "easy" way?

encorez

January 2, 2018
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Or I was considering a playstation, xbox or Wii in the kids room. I have no experience with such consoles, but some of those are also pretty good at browsing media from a servers right? Would that be a better option?

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Unfortunately, there's no way to do it without a pc. Mp Tv server hasn't a upnp/dlna server nor exposes a tv m3u playlist of the channels. That's the main reason i can't use it anymore in my house. If you really want to stuck with MP the only way is an Android Tablet or Smartphone or tv box with kodi and hdmi output (slimport or mhl).
Bye,
sdf

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I also have a Plex server running on my HTPC, so I could get a Nexus Player or simular for the kids TV. That would give them easy access to all my media content with a remote control, except for access to the TV guide, and watching live TV.

Can you help with some suggestions how to get the best experience to an extra TV, in a "easy" way?

Did you try the MPTvScheduler app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom