[no Bug] beta installer dont find the internet connection (1 Viewer)

didilalalamp

Portal Member
October 3, 2007
Itried a 2 fresh download of the zip file but the installer dont find my internet connection witch is open.
antivirus and firewall, even the basic windows one have been put down.I never had issue with the regular installer from the active official release before. I am running on win xp sp3, 32 bit.????. same result what ever i click install now or just download it hang for a while and the same pop up apear and no activity on my router at all.I just re-run the 1.2.3 setup and it go past that step in a glimpse.

Attachments

• mp13b.jpg
    mp13b.jpg
    160 KB
Last edited:

didilalalamp

Portal Member
October 3, 2007
yes the url is working on the browser and the pahe i get have this message in it: ''This is the default page for install.team-mediaportal.com''

while writing this i got to my router web site filtering option even if the adress i just tried and i disabled the filtering rules and re-tried the installer and it work now.So it is ok now. so there is a slight delta between the official MP installer and this new ont that my router does not like maybe so i keep it in mind next time.Thank you for your support , regards. sorry for the bold font it kiked in even if i did not select it.?

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange thing, installer has imo not changed in this part.

Set topic to "No bug" so far, thanks for reporting back.

Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had the same problem, it was a comodo firewall problem.

didilalalamp

Portal Member
    October 3, 2007
    I have trouble again beta install work for few minutes but at reload it was stucked at ''starting plugins'' for ever so i unstalled to go back to the 1.2.3 final but even this one could'nt go to install like my original bug. Yes i have comodo but it is down along with the anti virus and the basic windows firewall, the url work on both firefox and IE, just tried back again and it now go , could it be a server problem????, last night before giving up :yes the url was ok but i i tried to put the full adress of the download when the installer try to go the one that finish by a .XML , and i had an error 404 site not found. Anything pass "http://install.team-mediaportal.com/'' was like there is nothing there ??????

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom