Big navigation bug in Last.FM (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Please understand that this is not related to the plugin at all but part of the musicoverlay which is responsible for setting global skin properties.

I don't understand you RTV. I thought the problem was that the LastFm plugin does not support
    #Play.Current.Thumb which is what Music Overlays use thoughout MP.

In MyMusicPlayingNow you support both the 'grabbed' artist image (id 112) as well as the #Play.Current.Thumb tag. Can you not do the same thing in LastFM?

EDIT: When I add a playlist to the skin file, I can see #selectedthumb for each item in the playlist, just not for the current item, so maybe there can be a way for LastFM plugin to support #selected item for the current item as well, and I can add that to music overlay?

Here's a sample of what i have skinned for aMPed so far (not done!). I would like the current selectedthumb to appear unless an item is selected from the playlist.

Attachments

• LastFM.jpg
      LastFM.jpg
      53.4 KB

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From what I recall the plugin use to have Album art instead of fanart.. As stated above, would be nice to have both. Thanks

By thw way, was there ever a patch to fix the navigation issue or are we having to resort to going to ALPHA

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thesystemera - the plugin can support fanart, if you have fanart in your skin music folder for the current artist, because it supports the #play.current.artist tag. What I did in the above image was use the artist image which is 'grabbed' from LastFm, as fanart unless fanart is available. I found the resolution worked better widescreen more often than in a square image. However, afaik you can only have one 'grabbed' artist image, even if the visibility is conditional. and as you accurately stated, no album image, and no #selectedthumb or #play.current.thumb.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No I'm fine I've all ready done that my self... Just modded the streamedMP skin a little.. What I was meaning was the fanart automatically downloaded from last.fm it's self. This plugin use to do the cd cover now it does the photograph, I think it would be good with both and the background fanart if one desires :)

Good call... And your completely right, it does work more often than not...

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No I'm fine I've all ready done that my self... Just modded the streamedMP skin a little.. What I was meaning was the fanart automatically downloaded from last.fm it's self. This plugin use to do the cd cover now it does the photograph, I think it would be good with both and the background fanart if one desires :)

Good call... And your completely right, it does work more often than not...

@systemera

can you write up a how-to on getting album art or something similar on the preview window for streamedmp?

yes, it really bugs me that a stardard plugin doesn't artwork on the preview window.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah it would have been nice to have fixed the navigation issue in 1.02... I'm not going to no ALPHA in a hurry... RTV any chance of a 1.02 fix. Thanks

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Yeah it would have been nice to have fixed the navigation issue in 1.02... I'm not going to no ALPHA in a hurry... RTV any chance of a 1.02 fix. Thanks

Back porting fixes to 1.0.2 is most likely not on top priority on rtv's todo list. He's busy with work and on the free time he seems to be busy with the new SVN server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom