Big problem: MP3's are deleted by MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Eijkb

Portal Member
April 30, 2006
Belgium
Hello,

I have a computer with about 75GB on MP3. I've setup another computer with dualboot MCE2005 / Mediaportal.

I have, under MCE2005, synchronized my MP3 folder with those MP3's. When rebooting under MediaPortal, 90% of those MP3's are deleted when starting MediaPortal! Only the MP3 which were residing on the disk by installing Mediaportal are not deleted...

After rebooting under MCE2005 the files are still gone. I have synched three times now and always, when starting MP, MP3's are deleted.

Anybody?!

On MCE2005 the files were categorized bij MediaPlayer 10, maybe some DRM thingie? MP is using the WMP 9 engine so I could imagine that WMP9 is deleting the files when updating de MP musicdatabase or something....

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am sorry for your loss.. but do you have any type of logs we could use to track this down? Seems kind of strange that all the people who are using MP for music... this has not been brought up before.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    There's absolutely nothing in MP that deletes MP3 or other audio files so I have to believe that the issue lays elsewhere. However, it's difficult to guess what might be causing the problem given the somewhat limited information--failing drive perhaps?

Steve

Eijkb

Portal Member
    April 30, 2006
    Belgium
    Hello,

I have the MP3's still on the source system. I have copied all MP3's three times now, and whenever I start MediaPortal, those MP3's are deleted. I use explorer to view those files, so not within MP.

The disk is new, 200GB and no problems yet with this disk.

I use MediaPortal 0.2.0.0 RC4.

Note: I have copied the files while booted MCE2004. I will now try copying the files while booted WinXP (the MP partition) and see what happens.

Couldn't find anything in MP log and Windows log about this. In the bin there are no files. So the files are not "deleted" but just gone.

:wink: Maybe those X-Files series should be deleted first?

(* I use GoodSync 3.4.4 to copy the files)

Eijkb

Portal Member
    April 30, 2006
    Belgium
    I've copied the files again, now booted in WinXP. After synchronizing the folders I started MP and no problem at all.

So it seems that it is an Windows thingie, which was triggered by starting MP (like refreshing file system or so with those new files not "granted" to stay on the computer...). With those new DRM sh*t you never knows.

Will try to boot into MCE2005 later and see what happens.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    could this be due to the dual boot? If you have your music in the MyMusic folder of XP and dual boot it will not be in the MyMusic of the other OS.

You don't need to dual boot. MP and MCE can both live on the same OS very happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom