Big Problem with slow Navigation and DVD stuttering Playback (1 Viewer)

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Langenfeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi at all,
I have since round about 6 Months Problems with my DVD Playback, it is stuttering from Time to Time and I dont find the solution.
On this Evening there comes very slow MP Navigantion (10 Seconds for each Navi stepp in the DVD Area, not the DVD Menu) and if I start the DVD it takes 1 Minute bevor there is any picture. The DVD play the very stuttering, there is no way to look the Movie.´

Here is the Error Log, has anyone a idea whats getting wrong?

Thanks and br Damdy

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.4 without any svn
Windows Version: XP Prof. SP2
CPU Type: P4 Nortwood 2,8GHz
HDD: Samsung SV1204H
Memory: 512MB DDRRAM
Motherboard: Asus P4b533-E
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 845
Motherboard Bios: Award Bios
Video Card: Ati 9800 Pro AGP
Video Card Driver: Cat. 6.4
Sound Card: Creative XFi Elite Pro
Sound Card AC3: Creative XFi Elite Pro
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.16.1181
1. TV Card: Skystar 2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.4.0.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: DScaler 5.06 + FFDShow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA 5.1 analog out
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19,2
HTPC Case: The Case
Cooling:
Power Supply: Lownoise 350W
Remote:
TV: PJ Toshiba MT700
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-DMI

http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/10493

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Damdy-Cash!
    Have you tryed another video decoder, I solved a simular problem with the CinePlayer decoder. It did not work with Nvida, Dsacaler etc.
    /TT

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
    February 23, 2005
    Langenfeld
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A BIG THANKS FOR THAT VERY OUTSTANDING SUPPORT!!!!
    Another Evening is waste and I find no solution!

More than "use the xxxxx for logs" was not possible!! But why should I post the log in this form, if nobody is interesst to help?

Now after 3 Years I have to take a other HTPC Software, why no support is possible! Sorry, but it is a big shame!!!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A BIG THANKS FOR THAT VERY OUTSTANDING SUPPORT!!!!

Sorry your pissed off, can only help if experienced problem myself or have read of others with same problem solving it.

Take it you have gone through a variety of codecs, to see if they make any difference, also does the DVD drive itself behave ok using other software.

There are many things that may be affecting your playback problems, the above are some, software outside of MP can be another (quicktime for one).

Regards

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
    February 23, 2005
    Langenfeld
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now Im a little bit less "pisst off". sorry, for the hard words, but some times I want take the whole HTPC and kick it out the window...
    And for my current Problem I need some help, why I have absolute no Idea where I have to look to solv it.

thank you for your suggestion, but it is independent from the Codec.
    I have this Problem already when I only want navigate in MP.
    For Example: I chosse MyMovie, and when I pusch enter, it takes 10 sekonds or more to show the Movie Folder, same at any choosing point like myPictures etc.

The DVD Drive cant make problems, because I have my DVD´s on the HD.

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    I'd have to say that I've always had problems with DVD playback. It's not too bad at the moment but I still get a minor stutter or audio drop from time to time (roughly about 10 mins but v variable).

I'm using the MPA and MPV codecs at the mo and that gives me the most stable results. Anything else and a collection of things can happen. 1. I lose 5.1 sound. 2. I lose navigation completely. 3. Subtitles are on always, regardless of settings. 4. Colour goes v green... and so on.

PowerDVD gives me v smooth results but terrible colour. I haven't played too much with WinDVD. Anyway, I want a one stop shop for all my media (ie, MediaPortal).

I'm going to stick to MPA and MPV til I change my TV. I'll then upgrade my video card, probably opting for nVidia based as Purevido codecs seem to be the ones raved about most. Hopefully that will give me the same performance that I had with my standalone box. Thankfully I don't play DVDs that often.

It's strange. I have a system that could probably guide a rocket to the moon and back, but it struggles to play a DVD smoothly :(

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    As long as people are using their spare time to develop this software, and to answer questions on this forum, I think that it is better to take your anger out on something else instead of showing anger on this forum...

If I were you, I would:
    A) Confirm that it affects all movie formats and sources (hd and dvd)
    B) Confirm that it affects all codecs
    C) Confirm that it persists after a full MP reinstall of latest stable version
    D) Confirm that it persists after a full windows reinstall (the cure for just about any problem it seems)

regards
    Knut

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    Apologies if you thought I was venting anger. I wasn't. I am just sharing my experience with another user who is also struggling. Letting him know that he is not alone.

If you do a search on posts by me you will see that I have made several posts on this topic and that I have been using MP since 0.1.0.3 with many complete reinstalls and many changes of codec. Some issues fixed, others not. The only thing I haven't done is the windows reinstall. I will do that one day but until then I am happy to live with this issue.

Perhaps I should have made that last point clearer in my earlier post.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom