Big Sync/Jumping issues (1 Viewer)

computer

Portal Member
December 10, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2600+
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: K7S741MG (Winfast)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge Nova-T
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 90002
Video Card Model: Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:

TV Playback/recording is very jumpy and often ends up out of sync. It's acting very poorly for what I would expect with this specification of components. Sound cuts out randomly and seems to be quite random sometimes affecting the actual recording if im also recording the program or sometimes just playback. If I'm just watching live TV it is distracting and an annoyance, if I'm also recording that channel it becomes unwatchable due to poor quality. Changing channels can cause mediaportal to crash or stop responding, or take a long time to change eventually carrying on like normal.
I've currently not edited any quality settings as far as I know, but a 40 minute program is ending up about 1.2gb. Is this fixed at that quality or would there be anyway to lower the filesize and quality without affecting the output too much? Any ideas?

computer

computer

Portal Member
December 10, 2005
Side note, I've just installed gbpvr and that seems to run quite smooth on its default settings. It's set to use system default decoders so I'm not sure what they are. Makes me think i'm doing something wrong with mediaportal though :/

computer

Portal Member
December 10, 2005
thing is, I have tried many different combinations including some I've downloaded from various links on the forum all with varying results. Nothing has proved stable enough to be considered acceptable.

Considering this PC is only to be used for HTPC and is of a reasonably good specification I cannot understand why it is so hard to get a stable and decent picture :/

I might try a reinstall of XP to see if I can get it to work this time from scratch.

nabicat

April 3, 2005
Same here, but with the CVS build. Nothing but stutter and synch issues irrespective of codec choice.
Athlon 2800+
Maui II tuner
1Gb of ram and 120Gb + 20Gb drives.
:(
its not watchable.

computer

Portal Member
December 10, 2005
ugh. different codec combinations go from "no sync problems but stutter or picture breakup every few seconds/minutes" to "stutter free video but audio slowly going in and out of sync randomly between in sync and about a second ahead of the video".

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom