BIG TVService Memory leak - pls help! (1 Viewer)

m00kie

Portal Member
December 15, 2009
I'm on the SVN release, svn-12-24-2009--16-14-Rev24553 and I still have the leak issue. If anyone is interested in hunting this down, I'm happy to provide my time with testing or whatever is needed. Let me know if a log posting would help.

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for the suggestion to just restart the TVService m00kie. It seems like a more sensible approach alright and I might even consider doing this twice a day in my case.
cheers

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm on the SVN release, svn-12-24-2009--16-14-Rev24553 and I still have the leak issue. If anyone is interested in hunting this down, I'm happy to provide my time with testing or whatever is needed. Let me know if a log posting would help.

Do you have an access to non-hybrid tuners? That might be the first step to try to limit the memory leak location. None in the team has seen / reported tv service leaking huge amounts of memory, so we need to try to figure what causes it on your system to happen.

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tourettes.
    I use a Hauppauge HVR3000 (hybrid) and a Nova-S (non-hybrid). I don't know if this is a valid way to test, but I tried physically removing the HVR3000 to see if it would help. I didn't re-install any software etc, but in my case there was no change in the amount of memory being eaten up. BTW I'm still on MP 1.0.2.
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom