Bitperfect in Vista (1 Viewer)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm using this plugin for bitperfect playback under XP successfully for a long time.
When I gave Vista a first try I had to find out that this for me (without asio) will no longer work.
For a very good explanation what is possible and what not I found there is a very good document of the author of the drivers I'm using. I will post it here just if others are interrested in: cmediadrivers/Bitperfect.

So the only solution for me is to find a MP plugin supporting kernel streaming or WASAPI or an ASIO driver for C-MEDIA chips.

Does this plugin supports one of the modes mentioned?
Any other suggestions what to do next?

Thanks.
grubi

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
What I'm looking for would be WASAPI support of this music plugin or the internal music player.
What would be the benefits of WASAPI via FFDSHOW?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    What I'm looking for would be WASAPI support of this music plugin or the internal music player.
    What would be the benefits of WASAPI via FFDSHOW?

Bitperfect playback of any codecs that FFDSHOW can decode, plus the ability to keep the same filter settings across all media. eg. I like to upsample everything to 96k then remix to 4.0 and apply SuperEQ. With DTS/ACS I could use the AC3Filter plugin, but I also have 5.1 FLAC files that require the standard plugin but I have no options on how to mixdown and neither gives oversampling.

Of course, I have no idea on how you might do this in reality, I'm just making up idealistic dreams!

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will have to quit my job in order to fullfill all wishes vented here:D

WASAPI will be looked into in the near future. Kernel streaming is already done by ASIO4ALL.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I will have to quit my job in order to fullfill all wishes vented here:D

WASAPI will be looked into in the near future. Kernel streaming is already done by ASIO4ALL.

I know, hence my claim of idealism :) Don't worry mate anything you do will be lapped up. Remember that request for a 96k minimum setting in PureAudio?:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom