Bitstreaming E-AC3 (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs with MP 1.30. Everything connected with HDMI.
I have lav-filters setup to bitstream EVERY format. If I don't do this, I get a very unimpressive result from all my sources: very low volume, use of only a few speakers. This happens all the time, so also when I feed an Atmos track, or DTS-HD. The sound is very skinny...
So, for a long time now I use bitstreaming and that results in a very satisfying sound picture. Everyone is blown away by it, including myself. Although I don't understand exactly why, I've come to live with it. So bitstreaming is the way to go for me.
But yesterday I found an annoying thing related to the bitstreaming: I watched a UHD movie with an E-AC3 track. The whole movie I heard little short dropouts in the soundtrack. In total it must have been 50 times. I did some testing and found if I remove the checkmark in lav-filters for bitstreaming E-AC3 the glitches are gone! The sound itself is not rich, but no glitches! Could this be a setting that I am overlooking, or might it be a bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom