black n white tv :( (1 Viewer)

warhead

Portal Member
February 21, 2006
i think something has went down the left. when doing the setup/tunning the picture was black and white until i named it, then it went colour. but when i go into media portal and try to watch tv it plays in black and white.

my card is a hauppage pvr150 mce - using just a normal tv house signal

the rest of my system is athlon 3700, asus a8n sli, ati x800gto, 1gb ram, 200 gb hdd.

can anyone please help me?

warhead

Portal Member
February 21, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program/TV
MP Version: rc2 ( i think, what evers the latest)
Skin: blue two
Windows Version: xp pro (full version) sp2
CPU Type: amd 3700 o/c 10%
Memory: pc3200/ 1gb
Motherboard Chipset: asus a8n sli
Video Card: saphire ati x800gto o/c
Video Card Driver: 8.162
Video Card Resolution: 1024 x 768
Video Codec Type & Version: divx, realplayer, pwr dvd, win dvd
Audio Codec Type & Version:
TV Card: hauppage wintv pvr 150 mce edition kit
TV Card Type: hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.35.23258

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Can you test TV card with another program (to see if the cable works)?

The best way of testing in MP is to use standard codec’s for video & sound.
    These are MP setup -> Television, Video = Mpeg2Dec Filter, Sound = MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder.

Maybe a stupid question but you have connected the cable to TV input not Radio?

Regards
    Roy

warhead

Portal Member
    February 21, 2006
    yea i have already tested in in other computers one highers spec and other lower, using same version of mp, all did the same thing. and ive definatly got the cable in the right port. and the cable definatly works because it comes up on a normal tv perfect

the thing is though when im tuning its black and white but when i give it a name it gos perfect and in colour, then when i continue the next channel does the same, but when im trying to watch tv it stays black and white

warhead

Portal Member
    February 21, 2006
    after much tinkering i finally got it workin i believe it was codec conflicts etc.

pocketpal

Portal Member
    January 9, 2005
    Indiana, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Huh. Well, I was hoping to finally find a solution to my black & white TV problem in this thread (since nobody was able to help me in my own) but the resolution is rather vague. I have changed codecs (among many, many, many... countless... other things I've tried) to no avail. So when you say that you think it was a "codec conflict," what do you mean exactly? What leads you to believe this was the cause, and what do you think you did to relieve the conflict?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom