[Bug] Black screen after startup (1 Viewer)

S_Behn

Portal Pro
September 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

i just upgraded from 1.2 Beta to 1.2 RC without any problems. When I start Mediaportal now (with streamedMP or standard skin) i only have a black screen after the startup screen. Mediaportal does not crash, since i can still hear the menu sounds going up and down.

Logs attached. Any ideas?

MediaPortal Version: 1.2 RC
MediaPortal Skin: streamedMP
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD X2 5200+ (2,7ghz)
HDD: Samsung 1.5 TB
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H
Video Card: ATI HD3200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.5
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek HD audio
Sound Card AC3: Optical out
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote
Power Supply: BeQuiet 350W
Remote: Logitech Harmony Remote
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI ->HDMI

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    I believe VMR7 support has been removed from the RC so it could be an overlay issue.

Go to MP Configuration -> Codecs and Renderer -> Video Renderer and try changing it to VMR9 or EVR.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi S_Behn

It looks to me like your upgrade has gone badly. When MP starts up I see:

Main: MediaPortal v1.1.7.0 is starting up on Windows XP ( Service Pack 3 ) [5.1.2600.196608]

Version 1.1.7 is 1.2.0b. In the error log I see:

2011-09-03 17:45:07.843750 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: WindowPlugins, Version=1.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    2011-09-03 17:45:07.859375 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: Dialogs, Version=1.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    2011-09-03 17:45:07.859375 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: ExternalPlayers, Version=1.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    2011-09-03 17:45:08.062500 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow, Boolean skipHistory, String loadParameter)
    2011-09-03 17:45:08.109375 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: ProcessPlugins, Version=1.1.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!

So some of the parts of MP were upgraded, but others were not. What is worse is that I don't see an upgrade or install log, which makes it difficult to know what went wrong with the upgrade. I think you might need to do an uninstall and reinstall to fix this. :confused:

mm

[Edit: you didn't have MP running when you started the upgrade did you?]

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, it wasn't running. Can I somehow save the database or do I have to re-add all the movies and series to movingpicture/mytvseries?

Thanks,
    Steffen

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, it wasn't running. Can I somehow save the database or do I have to re-add all the movies and series to movingpicture/mytvseries?
    I'm not 100% sure as I don't use either of those plugins. At least for the default videos, music and picture plugins you should be able to back up the database files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database. Note that is a hidden folder, so you'll need to paste it into the address bar in Windows Explorer to get there (if you haven't enabled viewing of hidden files and folders). In fact if I were you, I'd back up the whole C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\ folder...

mm

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    set this thread to bug because as it seems, some files could not be replaced by the upgrade.
    This is a known issue which will be fixed in 1.3.0.

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Hi Steffen,
    On my system I also have problems with resume and black screen but still showing the status bar. However, also standby is prevented. I have opened another thread for this. Tvserver is the one somehow responsible.
    LG k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom