Black screen issue (1 Viewer)

dpopovic

Portal Member
December 31, 2004
I have strange behavious in MP during wake up from S3 hibernate. PC wakes but screen remains black and I can't do anything but restart application or sometimes whole PC.

I use PVR Scheduler.
I am bit confused because I have two PVR Schedulers in plugin section. One is probably MP included and another one comes with PVR Scheduler.

Any hints?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    dpopovic said:
    Any hints?
    I think you need to give us some more hints - how about including the Support Template and your MediaPortal.log file from a time when you got the black screen?

dpopovic said:
    I am bit confused because I have two PVR Schedulers in plugin section. One is probably MP included and another one comes with PVR Scheduler.
    PVR Scheduler is not included with MediaPortal, so you should not have two instances in the plugin section. There is something wrong with your installation.

I would suggest that you un-install PVR Scheduler and then delete the PVRScheduler folder completely. Reboot and check that there are no instances of PVR Scheduler in MP plugins, and then do a completely fresh install of PVR Scheduler. That might also fix your black screen problem... :)

sciutand

Portal Member
    February 4, 2005
    I have the same here, used to wake up ok but after an hard disk failure I had to reinstall the whole pc. Since reinstall wake up won't work. Even if MP is not running and put the system in standby when resume black screen.
    Now the question is:
    Why is this happening?
    Dunno. The problem could be installation of MP breaks s3 (unlikely)
    new video card driver causes the issue (video card fails to reinitialize, but even if a press the power button-set to put pc in standby- nothing happens, have to keep it press for 10sec for hard reboot).
    new Microsoft fixes breaks S3.

google doesn't give any help on this.

really weird.

AS

dpopovic

Portal Member
    December 31, 2004
    probably right

It would be perfectly good explanation for me.
    Everything worked fine until few weeks ago. My PC uses Windows Update so probably it was updated and after that S3 resume has problem.
    Right now, for me only solution is to press power button for several seconds until PC is off.

Is there any way to de-install these updates or to solve problem some other way ?

sciutand

Portal Member
    February 4, 2005
    To unistall updates just go to add/remove programs and tick show updates at the top.
    Alternitavely use sytem restore to put your pc back to when you think standby was still working.
    Let us know if you find the culprit

dpopovic

Portal Member
    December 31, 2004
    ok guys, it took me some time.

I de-installed all patches back to 15.10.2005.

Now S3 shutdown and wakeup works fine.

hope it helps.

sciutand

Portal Member
    February 4, 2005
    Would you happen to know the description? On my pc it just say Installed on 'date' which is all the same since I had a fresh install.

AS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom