Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Hush
Cooling: Heatpipes
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE Remote
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello Guys,

I'm new here and I have a Problem with my MP Installation.
I managed to setup and install MP 1.0 on my MediaCenter. I want to use it instead of MCE.

I also managed to scan for channels and now I have a bunch of digital tv channels I would like to enjoy!

The Problem is, when i start "TV" in MediaPortal, I can see all the channels incl. EPG but when i start a channel I only hear sound, the screen remains black. Just Sound, no Picture at all. This is the same in fullscreen or in the small preview window within the MediaPortal Interface.

If I start the TV-Server Configuration and have a look at the channel list. There is a preview button which works just fine. I also managed to stream content from the TV Server to my laptop using VLC and the TV-Client App. But what I really want - watch TV within MediaPortal - does not work.

Because there is sound, my first guess was the video codec. But I am able to watch any kind of Video Files using the Video Part of MediaPortal. I can see local videos as well as videos residing on a mapped network drive.

Does anyone have an idea?

thanks from switzerland

Ronny

uhm...

got it... it actually WAS a codec problem. I noticed, that there we're certain movie files it did not play as well. Same thing... sound but no picture. These files were *.mpg or *.mpeg files.

What i did was.. going to MP configuration -> Videos -> Video Player and changed the MPEG-2 video decoder from MPV to CyberLink decoder. Now i was able to View these video files properly!

In the Television Section, the MPEG-2 Codec is still set to MPV Decoder Filter, but now I can see most of the TV Channels. But for HD Channels, I still have the same Problem.

Also, on certain video files i hear two audio channels at the same time (english/german) and i am not able to switch from one to the other. :(

What I did, when i first installed Windows MCE, was to install also the K-Lite Codec Pack. So i guessed that my system would have any codec it would need.

Are there any recommended Decoder Settings to get everything to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom