black screen on resume from hibernate (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

nearly each time my pc wakes up after after being into hibernate, i got a black screen. I made a lot of tests and when MP is not in memory, the resume from hibernate is OK, i got a crash only when MP is ON.
Am I the only one ?
I have the last certifierd drivers for my radeon 9000 video card and i use windows XP SP2.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I've started gettging this when resuming from standby. I thought there was something wrong with my configuration, but I've just reinstalled everything from scratch (including the O/S).

MP is still running, but the screen is completely black and I have to use task manager to kill it. Then the system recovers. I'll try and do some more testing...

A

Anonymous

I have completly reinstalled the OS too but with no success.
I cannot have the task manager to kill the task. The only thing to do is to shutdown the computer with a forced atx shutdown (3s power button).
When MP is not started, no problem with resume from hibernation.

ordinary73

Portal Member
October 9, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Same here. I have'nt figured out what causes this. Terminating MP (Alt-F4 - because it's still running and active) and restarting MP is one possible solution that works well.

A

Anonymous

Is there a developer who can reproduce the problem (and probably solve it) ?

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
June 17, 2004
Crailsheim
it's been that way ever since fred introduced the plugin. when you move the mouse and wait a few secs, the screen reappears. it only happens whenthe plugin triggers a wakeup for automatic rcordings. you are usually not around when that happens....

J

V

Vic

I have this problem too when resuming from standby. It happens from time to time, but not always. I have not figured out exactly what triggers the problem, but maybe it has to do with Fred's plugin.

One other thing that is bugging me is that when MP is not running resuming from standby takes about 5 seconds or so. Blitzing fast at least. But when MP is running and I'm resuming from standby it takes like 30-60 seconds before I can start navigating the menu. Very strange!

ordinary73

Portal Member
October 9, 2004
Berlin, Germany
It occours when I'm resuming from standby. It's done without any plugin or sleeptimer. I'm using an external program to enter Standby-mode (WinSus.exe) which I launch via "my programs".

A

Anonymous

It occurs from time to time when I let MP go in standy mode alone or when I force Windows to do it (with power button).
So I think it has nothing to do with "putting to standy" function but with MP itself that cannot initialize something when resuming.
Hope this help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom