Black screen, SQL fail and no DVD (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
a few of the issues should be shown here:
could not play DVDs, pressing on the DVD item from the main menu just return to the main menu, restarting the client fixes it. This happens often.
black screen when turning on TV. the TV was fine but then we changed channel and afterwards could only get a black picture with sound. restarting the client fixed it I think (maybe I needed to restart the server). never seen this before that I remember.
SQL server did not run at startup (or crashed?) therefor mediaportal did not start and missed some recordings. could MP be crashing SQL server on occasion, is that even possible? this used to happen much more frequently, I haven't seen it for a long time.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Thank you for the report.

Please could you specify the date and approximate time when each of the problems occurred. Your MediaPortal log files alone are more than 80000 lines long and cover approximately 3 days. I'm not prepared to go searching through such long log files as it is extremely time consuming and error prone.

could MP be crashing SQL server on occasion, is that even possible?
    No, it is not possible for MediaPortal to crash the SQL Server.

Regards,
    mm

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I think the black screen was immediately before I collected the logs and the DVD was maybe an hour before. don't remember exactly when the SQL thing was but hopefully there is something showing a windows restart, I believe it restarted due to windows updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom