Black screen when I stop playing a hard drive movie or dvd (2 Viewers)

traker

Portal Member
December 20, 2008
San Antonio,Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think someone has helped on this type of problem, but I just can not find the info. can someone point me in the right direction on the posts on this problem? I have tried all the codec, installed and reinstalled everything, even the o/s, mp, enven switched skins etc. I stop the movie and you can see mp behind a black screen the same size the movie was playing in. only way to get out is to close mp. this did not seem to happen until I installed mp1.0. although rc4 was the first version I used(I'm fairly new, but I had it working quite well). it was working ok with 1.0 until i switched movies one day.I now don't think it's a codec problem because it did the same thing with all of them, yes I tried a lot of them in diffrent combonations(pdvd,ffdshow, mp defaults,filters,splitters, etc and some other packs). oh, it started out with a green bar on the left side of the screen and I could not see part of the movies, changing the aspect ratio did nothing but change how big it displayed on the tv or monitor. all that has been replaced by the black screen problem, don't know if it is related. I'm back on the blue3wide skin now.
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide
Windows Version: Vista 64 bit
CPU Type: Intel dual core 3.0
HDD: WD120, 6xWD500 raid 10
Memory: 4GB ddr2
Motherboard: Asus p5e-vm do
Video Card: Ati hd 4850
Video Card Driver: 8.1.2 w/cat vista 64
Sound Card: Ati hdmi output on video card
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: AverMedia combo PCIe
1. TV Card Type: analog, ATSC
1. TV Card Driver: 64 bit vista drivers
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Thermotake-Bach
Cooling: controlled silent fans
Power Supply: antec 650wt
Remote: Microsoft
TV: Sony Bravia HD 52"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

CCob

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008
    Upgrade your MPCVideoDec.ax from the MPC-HC sourceforge website. I had that problem, upgrading to the newer filter solved the problem for me.

traker

Portal Member
    December 20, 2008
    San Antonio,Texas
    Home Country
    I think I need to do that too,How do I clean out all the codecs? I tried to uninstall pdvd and the others, but I think stuff was still left behind. I did run Filmerit before and there were no errors, but I ran it just now and have 2 - DMO Audio and Video decoder- Quick Time video and audio filters. I did uninstall them, so this may be caused by the uninstall. You think may be this is my problem? I will reinstall now.

traker

Portal Member
    December 20, 2008
    San Antonio,Texas
    Home Country
    uninstalled codecs,splitters etc. ran filmerit no errors-ran it anyway and it cleaned some more stuff off. installed SAF, now I play a movie and a full screen black screen, stop movie and goes back to mp. uninstalled SAF, played around with pdvd again no change. here is the latest log.:(

traker

Portal Member
    December 20, 2008
    San Antonio,Texas
    Home Country
    Upgrade your MPCVideoDec.ax from the MPC-HC sourceforge website. I had that problem, upgrading to the newer filter solved the problem for me.
    I think this was it. I did a fresh reinstall of mp, with this update and it works again with the default mp codecs! I will be triying the others;) I registered in program files and program files (x86). I don't know if doing both had to be done for 64 bit, but no errors and it's working. Only problem now and I don't remember if mp did this before or not. When I stop the movie it flashes to the desktop and then goes to mp. I have mp on top checked.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom