shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!

First post and just because of a huge problem... :oops:

I'm using MePo 1.1.3.0 on my Win7 x86 HTPC with HD5450 and E6600 C2D.
    After sucessfully setting up MePo, I'm trying to improve it to play all my video files. I used Haali with ffdshow including dxva, but I had some probs with a MKV containing VC1 and DTSHD MA. So i deinstalled all and tried sharky007 Codec Pack. With it everything went fine in Windows Media Player, but in MePo, I just hear the sound but the screen remains black with all files (Divx, xvid, MPEG, AVC, VC1...).

After trying an trying, I deinstalled sharky007 and installed SAF 6, but the black screen problem remains.

Is there anything I forgot? :confused:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Can you play it though graphstudio and screen grab what you get?

Is it interlaced VC1?

J.

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Black Screen

So here it is. What I don't understand, in my first configuration, every file went fine, except this one. I suspect the combination on DTSHD and VC1 or just DTSHD standalone. With sharky0007 Pack the problems began inside MePo with the black screen on EVERY FILE. But outside MePo, all my files play fine. And now, I cannot get the black screen issue away in MePo, even with uninstalled Codec Pack. There are also no Codec issues in the Codec management. Just the ones brought with the SAF6, PowerDVD10 and the system own are shown.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi again,

So what codec packs have you got installed with that screen cap? What's your mepo codec config?

J.

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Black Screen

I deinstalled SAF6 before making screenshot and reinstalled sharky007 Pack before making the screen for just beeing able to play Videos at all in Win7 until I have solution for the black screen prob.

My current config is:
    sharky007 Codec Pack (only modified bitstreaming settings in ffdshow audio to use my 5.1 set. DXVA is enabled)

My MePo config is:
    -Video Codecs
    --MPEG2 Decoder: ffdshow Video
    --H.264: ffdshow DXVA
    --MPEG/AC3 Decoder: ffdshow Audio
    --AAC Decoder: ffdshow Audio
    --Audio Render: DirectSound

If I change MPEG2 and H.264 Decoder to Cyberlink PDVD10, the problem remains...sound is wonderful so I resume the file plays, but the Screen remains black.

Should I do a fresh install of MePo or even Windows? In the first config before trying, MePo showed the videos, I just had the problem of stuttering and not recognizing DTSHD with the file above...

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: Re: Black Screen

So here it is. What I don't understand, in my first configuration, every file went fine, except this one. I suspect the combination on DTSHD and VC1 or just DTSHD standalone. With sharky0007 Pack the problems began inside MePo with the black screen on EVERY FILE. But outside MePo, all my files play fine. And now, I cannot get the black screen issue away in MePo, even with uninstalled Codec Pack. There are also no Codec issues in the Codec management. Just the ones brought with the SAF6, PowerDVD10 and the system own are shown.

You are using DirectVobSub filter. That means no DXVA at all.

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: Black Screen

You are using DirectVobSub filter. That means no DXVA at all.

Thank you so much :D problem was directly in front of me and I didn't see it. Changed subtitles from DirectVobSub to ffdshow and everything runs fine now.

Last question: Some of the older stuff running with DivX is still not running. Do I have to download DivX codec? Xvid does not work on me...

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Black Screen

Thank you so much :D problem was directly in front of me and I didn't see it. Changed subtitles from DirectVobSub to ffdshow and everything runs fine now.

Last question: Some of the older stuff running with DivX is still not running. Do I have to download DivX codec? Xvid does not work on me...

All you need to do is install unlocked SAF6:)
    Always test videos in Graphstudio - START-SAF-Tools-Graphstudio (open ynd play your video here) to eliminate player/player setting issues.

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Black Screen

All you need to do is install unlocked SAF6:)
    Always test videos in Graphstudio - START-SAF-Tools-Graphstudio (open ynd play your video here) to eliminate player/player setting issues.
    But thats exactly my problem. I have the blackscreen issues also with SAF6. I think I will reinstall system and then clean install SAF6.

Thank you!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    @shorty1483:
    Did you tryed video playback in graphsudio? It should help you identify your issue.
    Just install SAF6, restart and try to play your video directly in graphstudio. It should be working just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom