shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Black Screen

@shorty1483:
    Did you tryed video playback in graphsudio? It should help you identify your issue.
    Just install SAF6, restart and try to play your video directly in graphstudio. It should be working just fine.

Now, I did exactly what you told me. I uninstalled all, including PowerDVD 10. Then I rebooted and installed your SAF6 Pack. Then I rebooted. First I took a look on the files in Graphstudio where everything seemed to be set up properly. Then I've set up the codec config like in yout SAF6 thread including ffdshow for AC3 and DTS passthrough and disabling mp1/2 (enabling destroyed the sound in mpeg2-streams, just pixelated sound). I started MePo, and I got.... black screen.....in videos.

Then I looked on the Renderer config in Mediaportal. Hmmm, VMR9? That does not seem to be right, I thought and switched to EVR.

Et voilà, every fu**ing Video is running smooth and nicely. Subtitles and Audio switching works also.

Thank you so much hoborg, you are a real master of what you are doing.

PS: Is there a way to enabling Thumbnails for MKV in your SAF6 pack?

HTElectrical

Portal Member
    June 6, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Black Screen

Thank you so much :D problem was directly in front of me and I didn't see it. Changed subtitles from DirectVobSub to ffdshow and everything runs fine now.

Last question: Some of the older stuff running with DivX is still not running. Do I have to download DivX codec? Xvid does not work on me...

All you need to do is install unlocked SAF6:)
    Always test videos in Graphstudio - START-SAF-Tools-Graphstudio (open ynd play your video here) to eliminate player/player setting issues.

Not to state the obvious here, but that is easier said than done. I mean after looking for hours how to unlock this damn thing I can't help but to keep coming back to this post
    Q: How do I obtain the unlocked version of SAF?
    Send a private message (PM) to me, Hoborg and I will sooner or later give you the instructions.
    Gee thanks, I will patiently wait while you sooner or later get around to it.:rolleyes:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    HTElectrical
    If you have a problem waiting then buy the software legitimately (PDVD does not usually come for free) or try other codecs. There are lots out there...

HTElectrical

Portal Member
    June 6, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't have a problem buying it, nowhere in the 100's of pages that I read said that I could buy Power DVD and implement the codecs into MP. Also nowhere in the 100's of pages did it give a reason why the unlocked version was not available.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you weren't aware of that then you need to be aware that you don't have to use the Cyberlink codecs at all. There are so many good free alternatives. If you have a problem with a specific file or file type then start a thread and ask for help and people will be able to recommend you some codecs that you can try.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom