Black & White 1080 v1.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuisance

Portal Member
September 22, 2006
Hi,

Firstly let me say that I really like your skin and I can imagine how much time and love has gone in, and that the following is just my subjective opinion. When I originally posted my opinion about the music section I knew that I should let you know what I disliked or felt would improve it. But I wanted to have a think about what it was that I felt was missing.

Here are some of my thoughts:

With the video section you have the list on the left hand side, along with a large image in the middle followed by an synopses on the right. The music section lacks synopses of that artist currently but it does have the ability to get images of the artist/albums. With that in mind please see the attached ps mock-up. You could do the same for the album view. This would bring it more in line with the style of the video section. You could have star ratings or artist name with in the image box. Or when the music section gets artist synopses then you could include this information on the far right.

Also in the film section the image gets overlaid onto a dvd case, it might be cool if this was done for the album cover over a CD case.

I hope that helps or influences your design decisions. <3

Attachments

• music.png
    music.png
    323.3 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    are there any updated skin files for latest OnlineVideos 0.51?
    thankx :)

also i dont know if this is skin related or not but if you play a movie and press "y" to see OSD you will see all the movie info and description in there.. watching a movie and then toggle to window playback with "x" and then back to full screen with "x".. press "y" again and the details in the osd are now gone :(

i just did some digging..i think this happens only if the video played has a thumbnail assigned (when pressing "y" for the first time you can see the thumbnail on the left)
    edit2: THIS IS NOT SKIN RELATED..

edit1:
    also, settings screens should be updated + improved.. they miss some sections included in latest MP and have a strange bug where if you enter settings section (tv, dvd...) and press escape (back) then you go back to HOME and only home.. pretty weird..

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've added OnlineVideos 0.51 and rework settings to my todo list; but I need some time..

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    thank you and thank you for this awesome and amazing skin and all the support! :)

noticed few more glitches:
    searching in worldmap does not work.. press f9 for context menu, select first item (Address or Location).. select any field, press enter but the keyboard does not show..

in yahoo music videos and mtv music videos.. if you select any other layout but "list" and "filmstrip" and move the cursor to the list of videos, you cannot go back to menu on the left..

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    thank you and thank you for this awesome and amazing skin and all the support! :)

in yahoo music videos and mtv music videos.. if you select any other layout but "list" and "filmstrip" and move the cursor to the list of videos, you cannot go back to menu on the left..

Replace this file in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black & White 1080

Attachments

• common.facade.music.xml
      30.7 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Replace this file in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black & White 1080

thank you but this doesnt fix the problem.. its even worse now in because now i can't go back to the menu even in list view..

i see what you tried to do but the problem is there is no control with id 2.. this might be the plugin or mediaportal problem too, not sure..

edit: i have noticed that the default mp behavior in this situation is to go back to control with id 2.. as there is no control with that id in those plugins it cannot go nowhere.. so it's a plugin thing..there should be a control with id 2..

iop

Portal Member
    March 3, 2008
    Ihave a strange problem, my OSD video menu isnt the way it should be:

Its about this menu, only in B&W skin
    1205168788_2_FT4396_img_2166_.jpg

This is what i get now:
    1233613402_2_FT4862_bb_.jpg

-1st no popup/OSD menu - solved
    -1st no subs, neither via rightmouseclick - solved (directvobsub)
    -Now still no subs menu (and mute and audio) in the back from gone- OSD video menu; even if they ARE present like dvd or via rightmouseclick - unsolved

from this pic the last 4 buttons disapeared(subtitle, mute, audio- .)
    How can i get them back?

Heres a pic from my video player config screen:

is just though of the fact that i made some custom xmls but thats just basichome.xml... that shouldnt be the problem.... should it?

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OnlineVideos updated to 0.51

Attachments

• Online Videos - Icons.jpg
      Online Videos - Icons.jpg
      311.1 KB
    • Online Videos - Trailer.jpg
      Online Videos - Trailer.jpg
      291 KB
    • myonlinevideos.xml
      30.6 KB

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

thank you but this doesnt fix the problem.. its even worse now in because now i can't go back to the menu even in list view..

i see what you tried to do but the problem is there is no control with id 2.. this might be the plugin or mediaportal problem too, not sure..

edit: i have noticed that the default mp behavior in this situation is to go back to control with id 2.. as there is no control with that id in those plugins it cannot go nowhere.. so it's a plugin thing..there should be a control with id 2..

:oops:

Try this:

Attachments

• yahoomusicmain.xml
      30.6 KB
    • mtvmusicmain.xml
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom