Blank/Black TV Video During Fullscreen (1 Viewer)

jeffaxelrod

July 14, 2008
When I go to My TV, I can tune and see audio and video in the 1/4 screen video. When I select the video to go full screen, the screen goes black/blank and I still get audio. EPG overlay shows up if I pop it up, but still on top of a black screen. I never touched the system font size or DPI settings referenced in the FAQ.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Using Media Portal 1.0 RC2 (first-time install,) XP MCE, Athlon 64 X2 dual core 6000+, Gigabyte Motherboard, 2GB, ATI Radeon 2600 XT, Vbox Cats Eye DTA-150, Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx),

MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: OTA USA
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts
Remote: MCE
TV: Panasonic HDTV 16:9 Monitor
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

jeffaxelrod

July 14, 2008
Thanks for the prompt help! I'm using XP MCE 2005 though, and from what I read, EVR is only on Vista. Should I get .NET 3.0 to fix this, or do you think the developers will fix it soon?

Thanks,
Jeff

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    When I go to My TV, I can tune and see audio and video in the 1/4 screen video. When I select the video to go full screen, the screen goes black/blank and I still get audio. EPG overlay shows up if I pop it up, but still on top of a black screen. I never touched the system font size or DPI settings referenced in the FAQ.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Using Media Portal 1.0 RC2 (first-time install,) XP MCE, Athlon 64 X2 dual core 6000+, Gigabyte Motherboard, 2GB, ATI Radeon 2600 XT, Vbox Cats Eye DTA-150, Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx),

MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: OTA USA
    Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts
    Remote: MCE
    TV: Panasonic HDTV 16:9 Monitor
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI
    Hello,

I have a similar setup and I see the same after RC2 install. This happened with default codecs, (not ffdshow), but selecting the Cyberlink PowerDVD7 mpg2 codec cured it for me, as long as I stay with catalyst 8.4 or 8.5 (8.6 means trouble...)

Hope this helps...

Lorenzo

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No problem here so far.
    Using RC2 on WinXP SP2 with Radeon 2600XT and Cat 7.12. Checked Cyberlink, DScaler and MPV all without any problem.

IIRC there is a similar problem with Catalyst 8.6 which has been resolved with 8.7 beta.

grubi.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    this is a (known) issue caused by the ffdshow codec. it also occured once wit an older version of corevc which was fixed in coreavc a while back.

please include all logfiles next time.
    :D

de Kloe

July 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I also have the same problem in RC2. But I use the codec of my ATI 3850 videocard, not ffdshow !
    Strangely enough it sometimes does work, but if I change from full screen to a selection window and back to full screen it sometimes goes black again (with sound) !
    I did not find a link between the black screen and the settings I change, but now it seems to happen random.
    I am using a Technotrend budget C-1500 digital TV tuner card under XP

Stefan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom