Blank box Error --- and error 2869 with UAC disabled. (1 Viewer)

brewskybeer

Portal Member
June 26, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
TV-Server Version: Latest 10-10-07 Build
MediaPortal Version: Latest 10-10-07 Build
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista

I'm getting so frustrated. Media portal was working splendedly except for a bug with the TVGuide not closing, which I noticed was fixed a while back, so I installed the latest snapshots for today 10-10-07 and they seemed to install fine (and uninstall)... except I accidently picked my TVServer install directory instead of media portal directory to install the plugin.. which I corrected.. (might be my problem) so I continued thinking everythign was fine... Then I loaded media portal... it asked for my setup.msi file... it loaded okay.. the config loaded okay... but when I loaded the TVServer it refused to load... it comes up with an blank empty box with [OK] button in the center and a computer monitor with a moon in the left corner. After clicking [OK] It rolls back and gives me a fatal error. So I decided to uninstall the TV Server.... and it refused to uninstall. -- It gives me the same blank box to uninstall. If I try to repair from the installation file it gives me error code 2869. I'm at my wits end here :confused: ... only option to get past this I can find is to reinstall vista :( I've tried removing entries from the registry I could find related to the tvserver, and files from c:\programdata directory and trying to install it again from there with no luck.... any help could be appreciated.. i really dont want to reinstall windows. .. . thanks

brewskybeer

Portal Member
June 26, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
yup. Unfortunately MediaPortal uses Windows Installer 3 which wont function in safe mode :(

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    TV-Server Version: 3.0 rev 16135 ( 10-08-2007 )
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC2 + rev 16135 ( 10-08-2007 )
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
    Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
    CPU Type: Intel Core2Duo E6550
    HDD: 2 x Seagate 320Gb
    Memory: 2 x 1 Gb Corsair DDR2
    Motherboard: Asus P5K
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel P35
    Motherboard Bios: AMI v0603
    Video Card: Sapphire ATI X1950 PRO 512Mb
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.2 ( no directx broken ;-)
    Sound Card: Realtek ALC883 (onboard)
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver: v6.0.1.5485
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-4000
    1. TV Card Type: analog + DVB-T + DVB-S/S2
    1. TV Card Driver: cd image 3.1G
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: fddshow Video (from Vista Codec 4.5)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: fddshow Audio (from Vista Codec 4.5)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Hotbird, 13°E
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC20M with SoundGraph VFD
    Cooling: CF800 ZeroTherm APACK + 2 x 80m Xilence chassis fan + 2 x Aeolus hdd cooler
    Power Supply: Nesteq na4501 - 450W
    Remote: iMON PAD
    TV: Samsung LE32R53BD
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-I

Please open a cmd.exe using the run as administrator feature. Then run msiexec /i "TVserver.msi"

For me it works...

brewskybeer

Portal Member
    June 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Please open a cmd.exe using the run as administrator feature. Then run msiexec /i "TVserver.msi"

For me it works...[/QUOTE]

I've tried that.. didn't work. I have UAC disabled aswell which "/i" bypasses if enabled.

I formated my HDD and reinstalled Vista to get around this problem.. then Media Portal, then TVServer3 latest.. started TVServer up and configured it... exited and went back in... it came up with the configuring and blank box AGAIN! -> Fatal Error. something is seriously wrong here. I'd love to have this problem solved.. its driving me nuts. I'm going to attempt a system restore see if that fixes it because this really messes up the system with it faulting this way, its impossible to cleanly uninstall it.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've tried that.. didn't work. I have UAC disabled aswell which "/i" bypasses if enabled.

I formated my HDD and reinstalled Vista to get around this problem.. then Media Portal, then TVServer3 latest.. started TVServer up and configured it... exited and went back in... it came up with the configuring and blank box AGAIN! -> Fatal Error. something is seriously wrong here. I'd love to have this problem solved.. its driving me nuts. I'm going to attempt a system restore see if that fixes it because this really messes up the system with it faulting this way, its impossible to cleanly uninstall it.

Did you tick the "run as administrator" before opening the cmd.exe ?

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom