Blank screen after video (1 Viewer)

daithos

Portal Member
November 26, 2007
sometimes after watching a video the screen will go blank/black and I cant do anything with media portal. killing MP and restarting does not fix the issue. Once it happened I restarted MP i and attempted to play a video. The result was a black screen. I have included the logs for both the first time it happened (with all plugins enabled) and the subsequent attempt to play a video (with all plugins disabled)

Can anyone please assist.
Cheers

ejtje

Portal Pro
November 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I got a similar problem, after watching a serie the TV screen go black until i use my remote/keyboard/mouse. Does MP crashes when the screen goes black? I think that the problem are not exactly the same because my issue is only after watching a Serie/Movie and after using a input device a can just start and watch the next episode etc.
Can you watch something without MP running on the PC?

daithos

Portal Member
November 26, 2007
I think I have resolved mine. Turned out to be I.F.C (check out the sticky) and ViewModeSwitcher causing the havok on my system. With both completely disabled it all appears (fingers crossed) to be working perfectly again.

Cheers
Zak

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I got a similar problem, after watching a serie the TV screen go black until i use my remote/keyboard/mouse. Does MP crashes when the screen goes black? I think that the problem are not exactly the same because my issue is only after watching a Serie/Movie and after using a input device a can just start and watch the next episode etc.
    Can you watch something without MP running on the PC?

Hi

I think this is just your system blanking the screen via screen saver or the PowerOptions at Windows level and not MP -

See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-htpc-into-sleep-standby.118494/#post-989482

You can watch anything the PC supports without running MP via keyboard & Mouse - you can only use the remote if you have some other software runnning [such as WindowsMCE] supporting that function.

Cheers - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom