Blank screen USB display adapter (1 Viewer)

Mandel

Portal Member
March 7, 2008
I use a USB-HDMI2 USB 2.0 display adapter (DisplayLink) for my projector. When starting MP I get blank screen.
If I attach a monitor on the DVI port and start MP the USB-HDMI works and get TV o the projector.
MP is 1.14

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you explain the conditions that were used to collect the log files?
    (Was the monitor attached to the DVI port or not?)
    I ask because I don't see any problem. All I see is MP starting normally with resolution 1920x1080.

Mandel

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Now I have created new log files.
    First without AVI monitor. I let MP start, get blank screen, wait a minute, close MP pressing Alt-F4.
    Then with AVI monitor.
    Two logs attached.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmmm, the only differences I can see between the 2 log files are:
    1. Different video device count.
    With DVI:
    Main: video device count at startup = 2

Without DVI:
    Main: video device count at startup = 1

2. Different resolutions:
    With DVI:
    Display: \\.\DISPLAY1 - IsPrimary: True - BitsPerPixel: 32 - Bounds: 1600x1200 @ 0,0 - WorkingArea: 1483x1200 @ 117,0

Without DVI:
    Display: \\.\DISPLAY1 - IsPrimary: True - BitsPerPixel: 32 - Bounds: 1920x1080 @ 0,0 - WorkingArea: 1803x1080 @ 117,0

Maybe the DisplayLink virtual graphics card driver doesn't support DirectX etc. which is required by MP...?

Mandel

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    I found this on http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/543922-games-do-not-work-on-windows-with-displaylink-soft :
    Some games launched in full screen mode will not run and show errors when trying to launch with DisplayLink software installed.
    DisplayLink is aware of problems with some games in full screen mode, but there is no easy fix for these. One of the main problems is that games tend to use the graphics hardware directly in full screen mode, bypassing Desktop Window Manager (DWM). However this means that they bypass the DisplayLink virtual graphics driver and get confused when they try to use the graphics hardware and find DisplayLink also using the primary graphics card to render additional screens.
    This is only in full screen mode, as in windowed mode the game goes through DWM and should function correctly.....

I think with a monitor on the AVI DWM is used so the DisplayLink works.

So I disabled "Start MP in full screen" and that is OK for me :)
    Thank's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom