Blank screen when trying to watch tv over a vpn connection (2 Viewers)

Teeo

Portal Member
September 28, 2009
Helsingborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
Hello!

I'm trying to access my TV-server over a VPN connection.
The EPG is working and when I try to watch a SD channel, the screen is just blank. In the task manager I can see network activity that is around 3Mbps witch is about what to expect from the SD channel i'm trying to watch.
Im using MePo 1.2.3 and a 250/250 Mbps fiber internet connection between server/client. Have some logs to.
Can anyone see whats wrong or maybe this setup is not supposed to work?

kind regards

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag

Teeo

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    Helsingborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    If memory serves me right I had to enable TV server/Mediaportal in the windows firewall.
    I have been whatching SD and HD tv over vpn for a while now and it works gr8 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Hey guys, I guess you read many posting here about TV stuttering. Therefore I'm sorry to write a similar question to this topic. However, i think, this posting is a bit different from most of the other postings: Here is my scenario: Mediaportal is running at my home for several years now and without any problems. It's a great...
    Hey guys, I guess you read many posting here about TV stuttering. Therefore I'm sorry to write a similar question to this topic...
    Hey guys, I guess you read many posting here about TV stuttering. Therefore I'm sorry to write a similar question to this topic...
    Replies
    Views
    I suspect VLC has some more trickery for playback than LAV...
    I suspect VLC has some more trickery for playback than LAV...
    Hi, Sometimes when I tune to a channel I only get a black screen without any audio. Mediaportal responds normally while watching...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Erratic TV DE
    This is due to your client's network hardware and your network itself that need time to reinitialize after resume.
    This is due to your client's network hardware and your network itself that need time to reinitialize after resume.
    Hi, Been using MP1 with a server/client + separate client. OTA tuner cards on server and have now switched to MP2 with same HW...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 OpenVPN - Untangle DE
    Yes so my most recent test was to try view a live channel. Then while Media Portal is locked up on the client, check netstat -an. This is when I did not see a 554 connection. Then I jumped on the server, could see the TV card is active, pulled the streaming URL out of the streaming log and then opened this on the client in VLC. (While...
    Yes so my most recent test was to try view a live channel. Then while Media Portal is locked up on the client, check netstat -an...
    Hey Guys, This is going to be another one of my strange Network problem threads. Basically I have an Untangle Router/Firewall...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom