blank screen (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
MP did some sort of update then I could no longer get a picture (live TV). by changing codecs I got it to work (several black screens and one green screen.
today I lost video again without any for of updates (always with sound still playing) but restarting the PC fixed it, though tit may be related, but the logs (and the issue to be looked at) are from the first case.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello mrkaras

MP dis some sort of update...
    MP doesn't do updates automatically. Therefore this statement doesn't make any sense to me.

...then I could no longer get a picture (live TV). by changing codecs I got it to work (several black screens and one green screen.
    I don't see any problem in these log files. The latest entries are from 28 October which is 1 week ago now. Are you sure you have attached the correct log files?

Regards,
    mm

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I sometimes get a message some like "there are still some installation operations pending, restart media portal now?" I thought it may have been related to the auto update setting in the attached screenshot.

yes, it took me a week to find the time to post. I've got many other sets of logs from some of the other many problems that I haven't had a chance to post at all. do these log files show different codecs being selected/used? if so then they must be the correct logs

Attachments

• auto update.png
      auto update.png
      16.8 KB

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Screen shot solves the mystery update issue - these are plugin's and not MePo itself(y) For certain updates [probably many] if the plugin is updated then MePo would need to stop to allow completion and then be restarted. Personally, I would disable the automatic update and simply do it by hand periodically [unless there is a known issue with a plugin, updating them inline with MePo full release cycle makes sense].

Your TV & Video problem, more logs needed - as if mm1352000 can't see the probem, it's a tricky or transient one:(

TTFN - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom