Blasting 2 recievers? (1 Viewer)

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have been using this for a while to blast a starchoice box and it works well from mp's tvguide.
    I have a bell sub now as well have it hooked to a separate tv card all is working well tvguide is good (Schedules Direct).
    I want to be able to blast this receiver too, my ir has 2 ports and I was hoping I could use the mp tvguide to blast this receiver as well when switching from starchoice to the new bell box.

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have two Bell ExpressVu satellite receivers and I blast to each one, separately.

When you're in the TV-SERVER Config program, click on + symbol in front of Plugins. You should have the blaster there enabled already by the sounds of if, so click on one of the blaster entries and click the button that should now appear on the right, bottom. Setup STB.

Do you remember setting this up before? There's an option to select which blaster channel here so you can blast out of channel 1 ONLY and blast out of channel 2 ONLY. You just have to figure out which channel matches the receiver.

That's all I did...

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have two Bell ExpressVu satellite receivers and I blast to each one, separately.

When you're in the TV-SERVER Config program, click on + symbol in front of Plugins. You should have the blaster there enabled already by the sounds of if, so click on one of the blaster entries and click the button that should now appear on the right, bottom. Setup STB.

Do you remember setting this up before? There's an option to select which blaster channel here so you can blast out of channel 1 ONLY and blast out of channel 2 ONLY. You just have to figure out which channel matches the receiver.

That's all I did...

gtfreymann,
    Thanks for your answer I did have it working with both receivers but had an issue with teach mode again. I think my irtrans ir receiver in my case (for the mini display) causes issues with the hp dual output ir receiver in learn mode.
    But my C: drive was failing and I was running vista anyway so I replaced the drive and went to Windows Seven. I have not installed the IR Server Suite as yet but I might be back to ask more questions soon.
    Steve

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok. I originally taught my setup the number buttons and OK, but when I had to reload I tried out some of the codes that were already included and to be honest, they work better. Feel free to experiment with the code sets that are included. It's not hard to keep trying different ones until it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom