Blocking TV recordings on client? (1 Viewer)

Percy

Portal Member
May 7, 2019
England England
Country flag
Been running great for a good while now but the time has come to add a client to my sons bedroom (he is 5).

Installed client sets restrictions, Tv channels limited correctly, blocked media folders not showing fine except for one issue.

No matter what I do all TV recordings are showing even if I block the recorded TV folder as part of the profile.

All servers/clients running on 2.2.3.

So in all cases I have split media folders, so Music/video/pictures Adult/Child, server (front room) points to both adult/child folders while my sons client only shows child folders and only has Childrens TV channels.

So I have setup a separate Child TV recordings folder and moved some across (looking to automate later) and told the client to only show the child folder but all TV recording come through anyway.

Is there a way to do/fix this, am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.

Percy

Portal Member
May 7, 2019
England England
Country flag
Further information, I have just tried blocking all media on my sons profile and all media (movies,music,videos) is gone expect for recorded TV which is still there, surely this isn't correct behaviour? why have option to limit media but then be exposed to a full range of TV recordings.

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @Percy
    The issue is already fixed by @henso and tested. It will be part of the next release (Version 2.3), which will be published shortly.
    Thanks for submitting the problem and the patience.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Deny the network access to that folder in windows network configuration for that user.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The last release is one year ago, when do a new release come?

Users who are viewing this thread