[solved] Blu-ray disc playback does not work. (1 Viewer)

Jack Hunter

Portal Member
July 5, 2013
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
This issue has been resolved.

There is one more old problem with DB disks. To receive it, fulfill 2 conditions:
1. MediaPortal Configuration -> Blu-ray -> Blu-ray Discs/Image Player -> Set "Use internal Blu-ray menu player"
2. Play any Blu-ray Disc with LPCM sound track

Instead of sound there will be a loud noise.

This problem appeared a long time ago (MP 1.18+). There is even a discussion of it:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello @Jack Hunter , i don't have knowledge on this issue.
    try to uncheck this
    1591969751017.png

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I ran into the same issue (Mpeg4IsoAVC). I had to install my HTPC from scratch (new MB, new CPU, new RAM, GPU nvidia 1030 old, DVB-S TBS 6902 old, DVB-T Digital Devices Cine T2 old). MP Version is 1.29. I installed LAV manually, tried madVR, EVR and even VMR 9 as renderer but nothing works for me. Uninstalling and reinstalling LAV had no effect on the issue. All worked fine with MP 1.22. As far as I can remember I used PowerDVD-Codecs for Bluray with the internal player in the past. H264 and H265 is tagged in LAV. Has anybody a clue what I do wrong? I installed and tried the latest nightly build of LAV, too

VLC can play the BR without any probs on the same system

thx in advance

Last edited:

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    maybe the bdhandler causes the issue. I found an error in Medioportal.err:

[2022-01-10 11:30:38,509] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception.System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Int32 DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.ReleaseComObject(System.Object)".
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.BDPlayer.RenderCustomGraph()
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.VideoPlayer.GetInterfaces()
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR7.Play(String strFile)
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.BDHandler.Player.BDPlayer.Play(String strFile)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(String strFile, MediaType type, TextReader chapters, Boolean fromPictures, Int32 title, Boolean forcePlay, Boolean fromExtTS)
    bei MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.FakePlayer.MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.IPlayer.Play(String strFile, MediaType type)
    bei MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.Play(Int32 iSong, Boolean setFullScreenVideo)
    bei MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.PlayNext(Boolean setFullScreenVideo)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex, Boolean requestPin)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClick(Int32 iItem)
    bei Common.GUIPlugins.WindowPluginBase.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Do I have to uninstall bdhandler-plugin?

regards

eagle

Last edited:

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, it seems that i'm a bit outdated. I haven't been here for years because of a running system :) and focused on other things in live. Now I'm forced to set up my system again. What is the latest state of bluray-replay in MP 1.29? What do I need and what is depricated? I read the installation guide in the wiki and installed it that way. But it doesn't work. I see the feature menu but when I start the bd the screen turns black and nothing happens even when I use VLC as an external player. MP ist working in the background and I can navigate to radio e. g.

regards eagle

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I started Watchdog for further information. I got an error-message
    VideoPlayer: Unable to play with reason - Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    BD was recognized with Video- Audio and Substreams (see attached logs). After starting the BD the Screen turned to black. After a while I switched to the radio-screen via IR. I could terminate MP normally

regards eagle

Attachments

• Mediaportal.log
      257.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom