Blu-Ray + gaming + HTPC build - look good? (1 Viewer)

Lurgid

April 3, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yes, but with that case I read a review that it is a struggle to fit a full ATX board in there. It took quite creative wire management with even the micro atx. It would have been impossible if I had a full ATX plus cards actually in any of the extra slots a full atx board would give me.

Skalp

Portal Member
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
E5200 is a better solution for a multimedia computer. You can read a good review here.

O/C is better (3.5Ghz for Athlon and 4 for E5200), performances are better (E5200 is like an E8400 in gaming perf)

your Videocard is perfect. HD4830 is a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Actually, the 2250 is for Clear-QAM capture and one set-top box. (DirecTV receiver) The Colossus 2 is for my cable STB until I can figure out which streaming services give me the programs I want to watch. Once that's done, then the Colossus will do VCR capture and the 2250 will do LaserDisc capture - until I get my entire video...
Actually, the 2250 is for Clear-QAM capture and one set-top box. (DirecTV receiver) The Colossus 2 is for my cable STB until I...
While I've built my own PCs for years now, this is the first time I've built one to be a dedicated HTPC. Right now, the hardware...
Replies
Views
HTPC 11TB HD/240 GB SSD/240 GB SSD/ 8GB RAM/ LG Blue Blu-ray LW/DVB-C Intel Core i5 4570 Prozessor 3,2GHz Gehäuse SilverStone: SST-CW03B-MT mit LCD Monitor 4 Lüfter Integriertes 7-Zoll-Touchscreen-Display, unterstützt Full-HD-Auflösung von 1080 64-Bit und 32-Bit Windows XP / MCE / Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10-kompatibel Inklusive...
HTPC 11TB HD/240 GB SSD/240 GB SSD/ 8GB RAM/ LG Blue Blu-ray LW/DVB-C Intel Core i5 4570 Prozessor 3,2GHz Gehäuse SilverStone...
HTPC 11TB HD/240 GB SSD/240 GB SSD/ 8GB RAM/ LG Blue Blu-ray LW/DVB-C Intel Core i5 4570 Prozessor 3,2GHz Gehäuse SilverStone...
Replies
Views
cool, ... thanks ... My Son-in-law doesn't have big plans for the system, just as a DVR and to catalog his CD collection. They already have a streaming box (don't remember the name) for online TV viewing and movies, but he needs local program recording since dropping cable. He will be setting up a RAM drive for time-shifting. He...
cool, ... thanks ... My Son-in-law doesn't have big plans for the system, just as a DVR and to catalog his CD collection. They...
MySon-in-law approached me about assembling a "low cost" HTPC to meet his essential functionality requirements. They already have a...
Replies
Views
Did you get it? How does it run (specially with 1080i)? I'm looking for experience before building my first HD HTPC...
Did you get it? How does it run (specially with 1080i)? I'm looking for experience before building my first HD HTPC...
Hi guys,just a few days ago I discovered the world of HTPC's and I'm on my way to building my first HTPC. I am trying to do it on...
Replies
Views
I am right now waiting for the AMD Llano A8-3800 (65 Watt Version). It massivly trumps the Sandy Bridges on GPU performance and has enough CPU oomph for an htpc. As the A8-3805 (100 W TDP) is now around 110€, I expect the 3800 to be in a similar range (give or take some). Has anyone heard when it will be available? My last info was "now"
I am right now waiting for the AMD Llano A8-3800 (65 Watt Version). It massivly trumps the Sandy Bridges on GPU performance and has...
Hi all I am in the process of building a new htpc. Have had one for the last 5-6 years and its beginning to fall over which is...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom