Blue Portal - Free Cellphone Remote (1 Viewer)

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    which link is this? The one in the user manual is correct as is the one on the download page? clicking on the one in the manual doesn't work you have to copy and paste. it must be the pdf creator i used. i'll try get a different one. Thanks a lot.
    :D

Now it works. Maybe it was a problem of the Mediaportal Server

pvanden

October 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Im using a SonyEricsson M600i. The software connects and i can switch between the modules in the menu. But the background is blank (white) no buttons for volume and so on... Have anybody any experience with Blueportal and the Symbian OS?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i use a n70 with symbian and does not work at all. ive tried changing toshiba stack to microsoft in case that was the problem but its not possible to do that (at least in vista)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i'm not entirely sure what the problem is. do the keys function? have you tried the "skinning" to get a background image?

Gixxer. does the phone program work?

the phone program runs and does the searching (lots of text) but at the end i get "no hay datos" (no data)

when i run the pc program i get this...

javax.bluetooth.bluetoothstateexception: WIDCOMM
    error[ÄÂ
    You may need to restart you PC
    If this continues reinstall you bluetooth drivers.

pvanden

October 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i'm not entirely sure what the problem is. do the keys function? have you tried the "skinning" to get a background image?

Gixxer. does the phone program work?

I have no Funktion Keys, i can only switch between Tv, radio and so on in the menu..

After the initilize sequence with all the text, a blank white screen flashes some times, and then stops as blank!

I've havent tryed the skinning, ill try that now...

I have now tryed to install a skin. BluePortal dosen't make a folder... Sony Ericssons file structure is different from Nokias. I have a "Picture" folder not an "Image" folder.

I have made the BluePortal folder, under pictures, with the bg.png in it, on the phone memory and the Memory stick, no luck.

I also made a "Images" folder in both memoryes without lock...

andsoon

October 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this nice plugin! It works quite well on my Nokia N95, except for the "volume up" key (3) which is reported as "Invalid KeyCode! error with key: 3".
    Is there a way to configure the commands mapped to the received key codes? It would be great if the navigation keys of the mobile phone could also be used, so that the keys 2,4,6,8 could be reconfigured to trigger other commands.

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Sorry i havent replied in a while. the problem with the toshiba bluetooth stack is because blueportal is made with bluecove wich currently doesnt support toshiba but i read that they will soon which will fix the problem else i will try make it around something else. The Invalid key code error is because your keyboard settings are not set to english. i'll try find out how to change this. i will also try make the program work better with sony erricsons but i am in the middle of exams so it may take a while and i dont have a sony to test it on but i'll give it a shot.

if you get the white screen the program may still work just without the skins press the 2 ,4,6,8 keys to see if it makes media portal go up down left right etc. 3 and 9 sould be volume up and down too.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sorry i havent replied in a while. the problem with the toshiba bluetooth stack is because blueportal is made with bluecove wich currently doesnt support toshiba but i read that they will soon which will fix the problem else i will try make it around something else. The Invalid key code error is because your keyboard settings are not set to english. i'll try find out how to change this. i will also try make the program work better with sony erricsons but i am in the middle of exams so it may take a while and i dont have a sony to test it on but i'll give it a shot.

if you get the white screen the program may still work just without the skins press the 2 ,4,6,8 keys to see if it makes media portal go up down left right etc. 3 and 9 sould be volume up and down too.

i guess toshiba did a great work with their bluetooth stack, there are tons of post in forums because of toshiba incompatibility :mad:

take your time, it would be nice if you could fix it. now you know what the problem is so if you have time it would be great.

meanwhile i have modified an existing script used in another software to be able to use my n70 with it.

thanks for your work:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom