Blue Portal - Free Cellphone Remote (1 Viewer)

schuft88

Portal Member
April 8, 2007
hi,

thanks for your quick answer. yes, i´m sure bluetooth is turned on! I get three three questions about connectivity and after that the programm ends with the described answer..

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
you should get three about reading and writing and only one about conectivity. i'm not too surw what the problem is but i'll try fix it all when i have time. i'm in the middle of exams so it might be a wait but i'll try sort all the bugs out.

runarius

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I get three about reading and writing, but none about connecting or bluetooth or anything, and I am sure bluetooth is on.

schuft88

Portal Member
April 8, 2007
Sorry!

It´s the same here like runarius.
No question about connectivity, only about reading and writing...

Hope you can fix it for us...

painfield

Portal Member
October 30, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Another problem

Hello,
not sure if I should post this here or create another thread.
It's a new problem but I don't think it's a MediaPortal problem.

I install the KeyboardInputPlugin and the PC-side of Blueportal, start PC BluePortal.jar, install the BluePortal phone jar on my MotorolaV3XX and start it.

The phone goes

"No ':' in URL
Start inquiry - this will take few seconds..."

It finds the PC

"PAIN - 0x00805A654481"

then I click and

"Start search for Serial Port Profile Service from PAIN - 0x00805A654481"

but immediately

"Searching for new devices"

and it goes to the devices list again with all the devices duplicated, if I click again the screen appears with the devices x3 and so...

Maybe I'm lacking some PC-side port configuration but I already tried everything I could think of with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thank you

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
Hi it sounds like it can find your pc but not the blueportal running on your pc. has the icon in the tray said waiting for connection. what does it say when you place the mouse cursor over it and wait for a while?

painfield

Portal Member
October 30, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi,
I'm not at home right now so I can't check it but once started it says waiting for connection.
No other notification appears while I'm trying the whole proccess, I'll check what it says when hovering the cursor over Blueportal tray while trying to connect.

I use Windows bluetooth config not BT app, my phone is authenticated and added in the devices list with a com used for LAN. I tried removing it from the list and adding a COM port in BT config with comm started by the device.
Adding a COM port makes something to appear near the COM port list when connecting. I'll tell you more once home.

Thanks for the quick answer and your great effort.

Hi,
system tray keeps waiting for connection all the time while the phone tries to connect

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
here is what the bluetooth settings look like on mine
bt.JPG

junkixl

Portal Member
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
nice thing your plugin!
but I miss a (simple?) featur:
could you extend your application so that it also supports WLAN connections?
'cause i don't have any BT receiver on my HTPC and my P990i also supports WLAN and more phones will follow which support WLAN

would be nice...

JunkiXL

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
i could give it a try but my phone doesnt have wlan so it will be hard to test the program but yes wlan will be lot faster, easier to use and could have much better features so i will give it a try in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom