ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden
    Sorry, what are the possible metadata then? I think I should clearly seperate metadata and properties

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Sorry, what are the possible metadata then?
    I will have a look but can't tell you instantly. Give me some hours and I will write a list of Metadata available in our ML.

The number of metadata available will increase a lot as soon as the MIA Rework is ready as "tons" of metadata could not be stored at all with the recent database structure...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The number of metadata available will increase a lot as soon as the MIA Rework is ready as "tons" of metadata could not be stored at all with the recent database structure...
    Tons of data sounds great :) Problem will be only to select the useful data, which I can use for the skin :D The skin should remain lean, therefore I started to collect feedback what should be shown in the content area.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As example what is missing recently... There are so important things like the summary of a series as we're not able to store a "series" in our ML. But this is something every skin should display as soon as it is available imho.
    The summary available on series video files are the summary of the episode only...

to select the useful data
    I'm pretty sure if you're asking 10 people you will get 20 different answers...;)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why isn't it possible to show metadata of music files? For me metadata of files is more important than properties.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why isn't it possible to show metadata of music files? For me metadata of files is more important than properties.
    Both will be shown and also feedback for both is welcome. Just my wording was not 100% correct so Lehmden correced it ;)
    I agree with you, that for Audio metadata are more important! For Pictures there will be only properties.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As example what is missing recently... There are so important things like the summary of a series as we're not able to store a "series" in our ML. But this is something every skin should display as soon as it is available imho.
    The summary available on series video files are the summary of the episode only...
    Exactly! You answered already of my next questions. I'm really waiting for series and season metadata.(y) Thats also why I didn't tough this part yet.

I'm pretty sure if you're asking 10 people you will get 20 different answers...;)
    Thats true. In the end I will decide it anyway :D Just to saticefy the majority, some feedbacks may help ... I will consider them as much as possible.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Audio Metadata available in our ML are:

Album
    Duration
    Track
    Year
    Artist
    Album Artist
    Composer
    Genres_0 (to separate them from Genres that are for Video)

Some other fields already exists but can not be filled now.
    Numtracks (think this will hold the total number of tracks of an album as soon as we're able to store "Albums" in our ML).
    DiskID (will hold the number of the disk when we are able to store it)
    NumDisks (Number of disks for an album...)

The recent "Album" is a metadta of the media file for that we can not use one file for more than one album (the sampler example earlier...) We first need to be able to have an album as a Media Item to make such possible...

Metadata for other media types will be listed later...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    I already placed a label next to the scrollbar knob. The content should show the first character of the focussed title.
    • In first step I tried to show the complete title, but already this is not working
    • In next step I'd like to cut the remaining characters. Is there an option in xaml? By google search I found only examples where people coded a routine in C#, which the xaml is referring to. Since I'm not a coder, this might be to much for the moment for me ;)
    Here the code I tried:
    Code:
                  <!-- Knob -->
                  <StackPanel Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Orientation="Vertical">
                    <StackPanel>
                      <StackPanel.Height>
                        <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource ExpressionMultiValueConverter}" ConverterParameter="{}{0}+({1}/2)">
                          <TemplateBinding Path="ScrollBarYKnobPos" />
                          <TemplateBinding Path="ScrollBarYKnobHeight" />
                        </MultiBinding>
                      </StackPanel.Height>
                    </StackPanel>

<!--Label Margin="-15,20,15,-20" Color="{ThemeResource TextColor}" FontSize="{ThemeResource SmallerFontSize}"
                           Content="{Binding Source={StaticResource FanArtBackgroundModel}, Path=SimpleTitle}"/-->

OtherControls.xaml already refers to xmlns:fanart="clr-namespace:MediaPortal.Extensions.UserServices.FanArtService.Client;assembly=FanArtService.Client"

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Before I forgot...
    @Helios61 When we start adding new Metadata fields to our ML your help as a music expert really is appreciated...
    I will give you a call once this starts, ok?
    I can help on Series, Pictures and maybe movies, but when it comes to music I don't know too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom