ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work so far! :)
    Has anyone tested WebRadio? I got some problems (can start radio station) with it in BlueVision & ApolloOne. Titanium works fine.
    I think Breese has tested it and found also some issues. I had no time yet to install it. I'll try it soon and see

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see no errors in my logs. It just takes ages to load the Webradio screen and playback also doesn't work correctly and makes MP2 'lag'.

Just double checked to really be sure: No problems in Titanium.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see no errors in my logs. It just takes ages to load the Webradio screen and playback also doesn't work correctly and makes MP2 'lag'.

thanks for the test! Did you use version 0.45 of Bluevision or did you download the latest branch from Gitahub?
    Have you also tried Apollo One? with your feedback we might circle the root course tighter.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Can not confirm issues with Webradio plugin. First start takes a while as the plugin is loading the streamlist. But once this is finished it takes around one second to start a radio stream. Seems pretty normal to me.
    I'm using 0.45 with my grey theme, if this matters.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

thanks for the test! Did you use version 0.45 of Bluevision or did you download the latest branch from Gitahub?
    Have you also tried Apollo One? with your feedback we might circle the root course tighter.

I use version 0.45 from first post.
    Did re-install latest MP2 weekly build, updated to latest webradio plugin from the repo but I still have the problems using webradio within BlueVision. Apollo One shows the same problem,
    Titanium and Default Skin are working fine.

Symptoms are:
    • Webradio screen takes pretty long time to load (you see the waiting cursor spinning for about 5 secs)
    • if you are in the Webradio screen MP2 gets laggy and slow and you can not leave it anymore.
    Unfortunately there are no errors logged.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use version 0.45 from first post.
    Did re-install latest MP2 weekly build, updated to latest webradio plugin from the repo but I still have the problems using webradio within BlueVision. Apollo One shows the same problem,
    Titanium and Default Skin are working fine.
    Symptoms are:
    Webradio screen takes pretty long time to load (you see the waiting cursor spinning for about 5 secs)
    if you are in the Webradio screen MP2 gets laggy and slow and you can not leave it anymore.
    Unfortunately there are no errors logged.
    Thanks for the information. In latest version there are some changes, that might help. Could you try following:
    • Download : https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/archive/FEAT_BlueVision²_v2.zip
    • Extract to $somewhere$, go to $somewhere$/MediaPortal/Build/ and execute MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_Client.bat
    • You will have a new folder $somewhere$/MediaPortal/bin/x86/Release/MP2-Client/ this is a fully running client
    • Add the webradio plugin to $somewhere$/MediaPortal/bin/x86/Release/MP2-Client/Plugins/ and start MP2.exe in $somewhere$/MediaPortal/bin/x86/Release/MP2-Client/
    Problem remaining?

@Lehmden Above your see how to take the latest builds from GitHub and building them. You wrote once, that you never tried. It's acutally easier than boiling an egg ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It's acutally easier than boiling an egg
    If I show this to my sister she definitely won't agree;)
    The problem starts as I simply have no clue, what I need to download and where to find. So the most important issue is solved by your link already...

I will try it later. BTW I've downloaded the whole 7 GB of Visual Studio (Community Edition) lately and want to start setting up an development environment for MP2. I think I have found someone who gives me a guiding hand on this. I really was shocked about the size. My AutoIt IDE only is below 100 MB size, so 7 Gigs are pretty much imho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom