Blue Vision (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would be great to have the WMC theme become part of the SRU1. (y)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So far the "buildin" blur effect was used for dialogue windows providing a white shine to outside.
    Unfortunately the effect was not scalable, means depending on the dialogue window size it looked better or worse.
    I created my own xaml based blur effect, that allows now a stable effect quality for all dialogue window aspect ratios.
    Unbenannt.jpg Unbenannt2.jpg Unbenannt3.jpg

The code behind is simple, but maybe for a DEV causing headache :cool:
    At least it works, so everybody who wants to simplify the code, is welcome :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 I'm currently ill and can't do much on computer :(

But I found some minor glitches with the bigger font theme:
    • DateTime label on top right is a bit too small (fades out on right)
    • Movie title in OSD now looks quite big, maybe decrease the used font constant a bit?
    • Preview image of theme is still missing (I wanted to wait until it looks good)
    • I've found a bug in focusing left/right inside the "home" tab: there we skip one item when moving left / right. Once I debugged this and it was caused by (negative?) margins, the focus prediction then skips the next item, because it internally overlaps. Not sure if this only happens with big font theme
    Can you please check those points?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Oh, then better rest well until you're better. I hope it'll be soon.

• DateTime label on top right is a bit too small (fades out on right)
    • Movie title in OSD now looks quite big, maybe decrease the used font constant a bit?
    • Preview image of theme is still missing (I wanted to wait until it looks good)
    I have already checked and the same points on the list. Currently I have no image source connected, I wanted to check also this view.
    I'll correct the mentioned and other points today.

I've found a bug in focusing left/right inside the "home" tab: there we skip one item when moving left / right. Once I debugged this and it was caused by (negative?) margins, the focus prediction then skips the next item, because it internally overlaps. Not sure if this only happens with big font theme
    Yes, it's also on the list, as others reported the problem already. The hint with the negative margin helps me. I must find a way to get rid of it. Problem is, that the scrollbar appears on the right, if I do not set the large negative margin on the right side.
    I faced the same with Win10 theme today and couldn't solve it yet. I have one more idea I want to try.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, it's also on the list, as others reported the problem already. The hint with the negative margin helps me. I must find a way to get rid of it. Problem is, that the scrollbar appears on the right, if I do not set the large negative margin on the right side.
    I faced the same with Win10 theme today and couldn't solve it yet. I have one more idea I want to try.
    How can I ensure, that in homescreen on the right side of the MI no space for a scrollbar is reserved?

I tried to add ScrollViewer CanContentScroll="False", but it does not help.
    Even all MI can be shown, there is always space on the right side reserved. Due to that I have to set the negative margins in the right side and this is causing the "jump" effect, when navigating through the home screen.

HTML:
      <Style x:Key="MediaItemsListListViewStyle2" BasedOn="{ThemeResource ContentsMenuListViewStyle}">
        <EventSetter Event="SelectionChanged" Handler="{CommandStencil Source={StaticResource FanArtBackgroundModel}, Path=SetSelectedItem}"/>
        <Setter Property="ItemTemplate"/>
        <!-- Don't inherit the ItemTemplate from ContentsMenuListViewStyle - It should remain null to make the SkinEngine choose an appropriate template -->
        <Setter Property="DataStringProvider" Value="{ThemeResource MediaItemDataStringProvider}"/>
        <Setter Property="ItemContainerStyle" Value="{ThemeResource MediaItemCoverWithContextMenuContainerStyle}"/>
        <Setter Property="RenderTransform">
          <Setter.Value>
            <TransformGroup>
              <ScaleTransform ScaleX="0.76" ScaleY="0.76"/>
            </TransformGroup>
          </Setter.Value>
        </Setter>

<Setter Property="Template">
          <Setter.Value>
            <ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type ListView}">
              <ScrollViewer CanContentScroll="False">
                <ItemsPresenter VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" MinWidth="{ThemeResource FixedDialogWidth}"/>
              </ScrollViewer>
            </ControlTemplate>
          </Setter.Value>
        </Setter>

<Setter Property="ItemsPanel">
          <Setter.Value>
            <ItemsPanelTemplate>
              <VirtualizingWrapPanel x:Name="GridItemsHost" IsItemsHost="True" Margin="0,0,0,-100" HorizontalAlignment="Center">
              </VirtualizingWrapPanel>
            </ItemsPanelTemplate>
          </Setter.Value>
        </Setter>
      </Style>

• DateTime label on top right is a bit too small (fades out on right) DONE
    • Movie title in OSD now looks quite big, maybe decrease the used font constant a bit? DONE
    • Preview image of theme is still missing (I wanted to wait until it looks good) DONE
    • I've found a bug in focusing left/right inside the "home" tab: there we skip one item when moving left / right. Once I debugged this and it was caused by (negative?) margins, the focus prediction then skips the next item, because it internally overlaps. Not sure if this only happens with big font theme As described above, no solution yet

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Preview image of theme is still missing (I wanted to wait until it looks good) DONE
    Not yet pushed? Or not contained in project? Or wrong extension? My today's build still misses the image:
    upload_2015-9-4_11-55-2.png

Can you check this please?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you check this please?
    I thought I pushed it, but seems I forgot the checkmark in tortoisegit for the picture. Today I'm on business trip and can not do it.
    Actually it will be the same image as for standard theme. So it's just copy paste.

Generally also something I wanted to say. Why do we need a theme for a bigger font size?
    For me it should be an option in MP2 "Enable large fonts" and not a theme, because the design is same.
    When for example the Win10 theme and further themes are ready, they can be easily used also with large fonts, if the font size is an option of MP2.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Generally also something I wanted to say. Why do we need a theme for a bigger font size?
    I've thought about this as well. In principle we could manage font sizes from settings.

But once I've created the larger version of Titanium I noticed many small things that required adjustments, mainly inside the media views (when text is shown). There I needed to increase/decrease covers or banners, so that the same number of items are visible (usually you loose one row with bigger fonts and then need to decrease pictures a few pixel).

So this can work, but the rest of skin needs to match the different sizes. This is not always the case (although for BV it required nearly no changes (y))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom