Blue Vision (6 Viewers)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there a way to get the Recordings screen to show the Episode name along with the Show Name?
    Mork & Mindy - S1E01 - Mork lands
    I cannot find a way to show the Mork Lands in the menu when looking thru all the show info

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started to overwork BlueVision Skin and it's themes by implementing new effects
    • Fade effects in scrollviewer
    • Smooth scrolling
    • TextTrimming -> No scrolling description texts any more
    • Clearer FocusFrame
    I had to remove the shadows, as they caused graphic errors with fade effects and never looked really good --> We need a dropshadow effect!
    The GroupMenu, PowerButton and MenuButton can be reached easily now, because the Scroll direction of the media items is now horizontal.
    All ugly scroll bars will be also removed. Instead the TotalMI# and FocusedMI# will be shown, E.g.: 46 / 305

Unbenannt.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    I implemented the slide-menus also into BV skin. I faced again, that the menus do open, but not closed.
    During WMC skin I had this and followed your advice to add IsEnables depending on the ListView. I've added it also here to PopupMenuItemContainerStyle.
    Anyhow the menu does not close when pressing left. However when scrolling quickly up and down it sometimes closes between the menuitem changes ...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A lot of new features were added to BV skin
    • Animated horizontal and vertical slide menus according to view mode (sliding back not working yet, see previous post)
    • New more modern GroupMenu images
    • Implementation of ScrollMargin
    • Implemenation of semitransparent fadeouts in the ScrollMargin area (I had to revert the grid view scroll direction again to vertical to allow the slide menu work)
    • Implementation of new MIA aspects into details footer and Listview styles
    • Removed scrollbars, but added Current# / Total# of mediaitems below header text to know the current position
    Furthermore lof of code clean-up. Some fine tuning and overwork of plugins will take time.
    The overworked skin will be ready with next main release.

Unbenannt.jpg Unbenannt2.jpg

@morpheus_xx The current header only looks good until reaching the second hierachy. After that almost all texts are cropped, because too long.
    It would be better to allow the standard headline (as in other skins) after the 2nd hierachy. Because the text is defined by the MenuModel I can not do anything about it.
    I could only place a control in master_bare, which is filled only by a controltemplate in master_menu with current code. In all other screens the controltemplate contains the normal header texts. That should work, right?

After integration of MIA rework, almost all screens have clear information in the footer. So you see in season and episode view always the series name. I think it's not necessary to show redundant information in header.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    he current header only looks good until reaching the second hierachy. After that almost all texts are cropped, because too long.
    It would be better to allow the standard headline (as in other skins) after the 2nd hierachy.
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: you are talking about the top-left label that is bound to "LastSelectedItemName", right?

In this case, this label is set to the Workflow's display label here:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../BlueVision/Models/HomeMenuModel.cs#L802-L811
    And it should be the same as the end of the bread crumb bar shows.

What else you would like to see here?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: you are talking about the top-left label that is bound to "LastSelectedItemName", right?
    Yes, I mean this label.
    And it should be the same as the end of the bread crumb bar shows.
    I don't think so. Initially it was different and according to the skin idea, but then changed to show the last item of the crumb bar. The problem is, that the space is not enough for this, so mostly only cropped texts are shown.
    • They don't look good
    • Often, because cropped, the text is not understandable
    What else you would like to see here?
    Nothing else, but less as in all other skins. The inital idea was, that the label shows the "group names" (1. level hierachy) and in second hierachy the normal headlines as in other skins.
    If I'm in series view it would be "Choose series", in season view "Choose season", in episode view "Choose episode". Currently the information are mostly redundant:
    Unbenannt.jpg

Here another bad example how it looks now:
    Unbenannt2.jpg
    What is "season breaking"? Is it broken? ;) The text is meaningless. In the footer you can see that the series is "breaking bad", "season 2" and the current episode name.
    In the plugins as OV, Emulators, WebRadio, .. you also can see the category and further infos always in the footer.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nothing else, but less as in all other skins.
    Why you don't use the way then as the other skins do? You can use:
    Code:
    {Binding Source={DynamicResource ResourceKey=Header_Text},Path=Resource}
    This includes the Header_Text that the screen defines. It still works in news and weather for instance, but it seems that you(?) might have removed this resource from media screens? Or better guess: they were not yet added to new screens?

So my first idea would be to bring back the original way to the screens.

It's always good to compare against the Default skin.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why you don't use the way then as the other skins do?
    Yes, that was I was thinking
    I could only place a control in master_bare, which is filled only by a controltemplate in master_menu with current code. In all other screens the controltemplate contains the normal header texts. That should work, right?
    But I would need still the current label for the HomeMenu screen to have the group descriptions. I actually just wanted to know, if it can work with a control in masterbare. I guess I'll just try, it should work (hopefully) :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I haven't checked this a while, so I might be wrong: aren't there 2 different screens for home and all other that use "master_menu"? In this case you can bind the home on "LastSelectedItem" and all others to the dynamic resource.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I haven't checked this a while, so I might be wrong: aren't there 2 different screens for home and all other that use "master_menu"? In this case you can bind the home on "LastSelectedItem" and all others to the dynamic resource.
    There are not, it's just defined in master_bare and therefore taken by all screens.
    I've modified it with my proposal and it works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom